Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Another delighted 9e exhaust owner (pics & now video)

Mole

Spa-Francorchamps
A big thanks to Ken and the team at 9excellence - fantastic service and great workmanship as ever. Thoroughly impressed - even down to the small things, like Ken being discreet with the bill as I had my brother in law with me and it wasn't his business to know what I'd spent. :thumb:

I also found it fascinating to have a close up look at some of the he engine builds going on - even for someone as technical as a sock like me, Ken was able to explain and show me some of the work that gets done.

Most importantly though, my Turbo is now sporting a brand spanking new and shiney 9e exhaust. Wow. Let me say that again. Wow. The car is transformed in terms of aural presence; it now sounds and feels as fierce as we all Turbo owners know they can be with the throttle pinned.

The whizz and whirr of the turbos is a lovely addition to the sound track and the exhaust is easily switched between reserved but soulful, to loutish war cry at the touch of a button. Absolutely smile-inducing. The car now feels like an event when trundling sub-30 mph and any blips of throttle applied during downshifts are soooo satisfying. :thumbs:

I did feel a tad loutish today: I drove through an underground car park and managed to set off a car alarm as I passed by. :grin:

Hi,

Great feeling when fitting an upgrade part that actually lives up to the hype that you have built up in your head.
I had a new exhaust a few months back and mine now sounds likje a beast, so understand your excitement. Ken at 9e are receiving lots of praise at the moment, great guys.

Regards

Vinny

Definitely, Vinny.

Although what's even better - I hadn't expected any noticeable power gains but the car now pulls even harder as it accelerates! I've gone back to 'ooooooh sheeeeesh' when I accelerate, where I had become accustomed to the rate of acceleration before. :drive:

Lovely! :thumbs:

Definitely on the short list for me :grin:

Is the switch on a fob or did you go for the OE button? :?:

To save you waiting for an answer, here is Kens response to someone who asked if it could be wired through an unused switch on the dash (posted 5th Dec)

" We don't do the switch - one of my customers just did it himself recently when we just supplied the exhaust. It involves quite a bit extra time, so I think the demand is not there to have it on the dash as you mentioned. The other advantage of the remote is that you can have the auto mode at preset rpm as well, which a switch would not give you - it would either be open or on. "

the other me said:
To save you waiting for an answer, here is Kens response to someone who asked if it could be wired through an unused switch on the dash (posted 5th Dec)

" We don't do the switch - one of my customers just did it himself recently when we just supplied the exhaust. It involves quite a bit extra time, so I think the demand is not there to have it on the dash as you mentioned. The other advantage of the remote is that you can have the auto mode at preset rpm as well, which a switch would not give you - it would either be open or on. "

Ah thanks! :thumb:

So I'd just need to get my Indy to wire it in afterwards. Cool. Getting more tempting by the day :thumbs:

Did you go for the larger TB and IPD Plenum also or is the performance gain solely from the exhaust?

Great write up there, car looks good!

Did you have an option for the tail pipe? Could you have went oval?

Oz

Excellent!.

(hate to say this, but to me the tailpipes don't look entered in the cutouts - they look to be touching the inside edge?).

Pickse said:
Did you go for the larger TB and IPD Plenum also or is the performance gain solely from the exhaust?

No the gain is solely from the exhaust - we discussed the other tuning work and decided to hold off, before completing the rest of the stage 2 work at the same time.

911oz said:
Great write up there, car looks good!

Did you have an option for the tail pipe? Could you have went oval?

Oz

No - this is the 9e design - really looks great in the flesh / metal.

Chris_in_the_UK said:
Excellent!.

(hate to say this, but to me the tailpipes don't look entered in the cutouts - they look to be touching the inside edge?).

I think it's an illusion of the picture a little. There is space and the pipes aren't touching up to the bodywork.

Mole said:
Chris_in_the_UK said:
Excellent!.

I think it's an illusion of the picture a little. There is space and the pipes aren't touching up to the bodywork.

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back