Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Turbo with added Aero Rear spoiler fitted

AdeD said:
WOW, what a difference that spoiler makes, looks even more aggressive now, LOVE it :D :thumb:

Agree with this, damn you Boba... i think i'll have to do this too :D

Boba fett said:
Well being a lad, I could not help getting my Knob out :thumb:

Can't stop polishing it!!

Boba , I was toying with a knob like that :)
was going to try and find one where the steel was in ok condition but wasn't worried about the leather as I was going to get linas to trim it in alcantara .
was your old one really scratched bad on the steel bit. :?:

apollokre1d said:
AdeD said:
WOW, what a difference that spoiler makes, looks even more aggressive now, LOVE it :D :thumb:

Agree with this, damn you Boba... i think i'll have to do this too :D

Do it, when one comes up, grab it with both arms. I'm well happy, I keep going into the garage to have a sneaky peek.

Makes the world of difference :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Boba fett said:
Well being a lad, I could not help getting my Knob out :thumb:

Can't stop polishing it!!

Boba , I was toying with a knob like that :)
was going to try and find one where the steel was in ok condition but wasn't worried about the leather as I was going to get linas to trim it in alcantara .
was your old one really scratched bad on the steel bit. :?:

No not at all, I just have OCD terribly

PM your address and Ill send you my old one :thumb:

You are an absolute Gent mate , thank you PM on its way.
Great another mod project I can get on with. :thumb:

Phil 997 said:

Ill send it off at the weekend mate :thumb:

Looks great Boba, good work :)

I wasn't convinced with the rear wing before I bought mine with one. I bought my car unseen (following an inspection) so had only seen the Aerokit in photos and as great as it looks in your photos it looks even better in the metal/ plastic.......now love it.....might have to pop into the garage myself for a look.

Enjoy :thumb:

Love this photo

Attachments

• img_0122_582.jpg
    img_0122_582.jpg
    933 KB · Views: 3,023
Boba fett said:
Phil 997 said:

Ill send it off at the weekend mate :thumb:

Thanks Boba mate,
Interesting reading peoples thoughts, at one time a few years ago most were anti the wings on the 996 and 997 cars, but I loved my aero kit on my gen1 and now RS spoiler on the gen2 . There seems to be a resurgence of popularity for these cars with wings which is great to see as I have always thought they finished the car nicely and added to the road presence of these cars. :thumb:

Its a YES from me too :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Def yes!
I had a 996 GT2 a few years ago and I never got tired of the that view from the side mirrors.

It does help that the car just looks right as it is. 👍

Boba can you post a before and after pic please? and I promise no more 'knob' gags!

Not fussed about wing malarkey but it sits really nice, looks great. What's the set up there Bobba? Dropped an inch and 15mm spacers all round? Need to get mine sorted.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPD
Back