Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 turbo to 991 turbo, help please

Julesturbo

Montreal
I'm in such a dilemma and really can't decide what to do :roll:
I recently bought my 680 bhp 997 turbo and i honestly love the looks and drive especially with the mods it has. I guess the only little negative is the slightly dated interior.
On friday i had a very good offer for my Rs6 the car i said id never sell :nooo:
Any way long story i let it go.
I love the look of the 991 turbo i know its quite a bit bigger but loving the interior and how tuneable they are but even just mapped they are ridiculous.
A turbo s has come up in my perfect spec other than a few more owners than i would have liked but its a rare in your face colour and id say at the top end of market.
I viewed it yesterday and its obvious they won't budge hardly at all on price as we know the second hand market is a little scarce right now.
Will the turbo s feel a big step up or should i wait and continue with my 997.
I can just about afford the turbo s wiping out all my funds then hope to sell my turbo quickly. I guess this is also a factor i don't like. But if i wait i will never find another 991 in this colour
:roll:
Any help or advice would really be appreciated especially from people who know or have owned these cars.
Many thanks

Personally you need to be comfortable with the financial side of things. If you feel stretched to the limit, may be stick to the current one. Cars will come again.

The Turbo S will be a more up to date car and is a beast having driven it once.

Slayer said:
Personally you need to be comfortable with the financial side of things. If you feel stretched to the limit, may be stick to the current one. Cars will come again.

The Turbo S will be a more up to date car and is a beast having driven it once.

Yes if I'd have sold m 997 already it would make this much easier :sad: :lol:

guyvert1 said:
Its always a hard decision , especially when you need to sell your current steed.

If its the Turbo S I think it is, then at least the colour is still a 997 one :)

Although I spotted this recently which is again a unusual/nice colour :

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202106304425028

No i don't think it is a 997 colour, i believe it's a pts looking at spec sheet my mate at Porsche found out.

If it is your unicorn then do it!

I'd be careful it isnt the chunk of change from the RS6 burning a hole in your pocket though.

Yellow said:
If it is your unicorn then do it!

I'd be careful it isnt the chunk of change from the RS6 burning a hole in your pocket though.

I'm always happy to take risks re cars and I've always done ok tbh, but you do
make a good point i Really wish this car hadn't come up so soon so i could take a little more time to take it all in. With so many other cars you don't need to take as much care but since entering the world of Porsche I've noticed how important previous records like servicing and owners etc really effect resale and I'd hate to lose quite a few grand.
Its the sheer value that also scares me.
I've usually owned a few cars at a time but buying the 997 and rs6 was scary enough lol.

Is it a dealer selling? Could you not px your 997 in?

I'd say go for it. Big difference between the pdk and tiptronic

quattro20v said:
Is it a dealer selling? Could you not px your 997 in?

I'd say go for it. Big difference between the pdk and tiptronic

It is yes and stupidly i didn't even think to ask assuming they would offer nothing :roll:
It would make my decision so much easier :lol:

If you were actively looking for a 991 before then why not.

There are plenty of quite nice, but quite cheap cars (<£10k) if you need something day to day. Bought an R32 Golf last summer as a stop gap when waiting / looking for the right (colour + spec) 997.2 to come up. Decided we like it / use it too much to sell - characterful engine, all the refinements (inc Carplay etc) and I dont feel particularly precious about the dog being in it or taking it to the tip etc.

I suspect a 991 will still depreciate a bit and particularly if you tweak it will cost some money whereas the 997's probably wont.

Yellow said:
If you were actively looking for a 991 before then why not.

There are plenty of quite nice, but quite cheap cars (<£10k) if you need something day to day. Bought an R32 Golf last summer as a stop gap when waiting / looking for the right (colour + spec) 997.2 to come up. Decided we like it / use it too much to sell - characterful engine, all the refinements (inc Carplay etc) and I dont feel particularly precious about the dog being in it or taking it to the tip etc.

I suspect a 991 will still depreciate a bit and particularly if you tweak it will cost some money whereas the 997's probably wont.

Nice ive had a few r32s, great little cars and always made on them, its the stop gap cars i need to rid :roll:
I still have c5 rs6 that's going in 2 weeks, a b5 rs4 that's also sold I'm waiting on payment. then my misses has the 996 and i have a b8.5 s4 and a vrs lol.
Hence this coming a little to soon.

Jules, px prices are sky high at the moment, and also the better dealers will buy without the need for a sale, they really need the stock. You may be suprised at what its worth without the hassle of selling privately.

Regarding the 991 turbo S in an in your face colour? Rare and there arent many brave people about who spec anything other than grey, silver or black!

Ive never found the 991 big, it feels light and nimble compared to a 997

Its not even a contest go 991. I'd have one 100% if SWMBO didn't already :thumbs:

Attachments

• 3fdae201_fa16_4804_9cea_962aa2b87512_945.jpg
    3fdae201_fa16_4804_9cea_962aa2b87512_945.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 3,425
IMI A said:
Its not even a contest go 991. I'd have one 100% if SWMBO didn't already :thumbs:

Thanks mate, i think ive watched about every 991 turbo youtube video going the last few days :lol:

I do love my 997 but guess i just need to bite the bullet and get it up for sale asap

:weed:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyx
Back