Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Gen1 PCM Bose replacement - link to the kit pls

911DG

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi Guys

My PCM is dead finally. I need a new stereo. I went to Halfords and they said i need a Connects2 kit to connect the Bose speakers and Amp to new Head Unit.

A - can someone let me know where to buy the kit - 997 Gen1 Bose System (i dont have Steering wheel controls at all)

B - can i buy any head unit pretty much that fits?

C - Halfords said they can then connected it all - ??

Sorry chaps - dull question i know but thanks for help.

Dan

Hi

Normally you just need :

Fakra-ISO
Whit steering MF: ACV 12-1323-45-15
Whitout: ACV 42a-1323-001.

shop.acvgmbh.de

For Bose optical:
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005...4;-1;EUR+2.63@salePrice;EUR;search-mainSearch

Adjust the fader before mounting, because afterwards it is no longer possible.

splitter Antenna radio passif Fakra vers DIN + SMB (DAB+);
Blaupunkt 14107-472410 or BadBlankenberg 4724.05

Normally caraudio24.de

For use original antenna (GPS)

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005...9;-1;EUR+1.64@salePrice;EUR;search-mainSearch

For use original USB

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/3283...-1;7.12;-1;-1@salePrice;EUR;search-mainSearch

You can still buy PCMs on eBay for £200-300.

Why, I don't know - but if you can live with them it's probably the easiest and cheapest solution.

I think it may need re-coding to your car though at your local indie or OPC.

I went for one of the Chinese units from AliExpress, £350ish all in (including MOSt converter, DAB, TPMS- which I wouldn't do again). Once you have wireless Apple CarPlay and DAB you won't go back.

Slightly more interestingly, you could get a Chinese unit from AliExpress, including the correct harness, for less than the cost of a Connects2 harness. So you could try one out and then harvest the harness if you don't want it, for a mainstream brand stereo. You need to buy the MOST interface separately - again, AliExpress is your friend.

In your shoes I might be tempted to get a used unit until Porsche launch the next PCCM+ for the 997. The 996 unit came out about a year ago so hopefully the 996 version will be out this year...?

Good luck

Richard

hi

Don't expect too much from the future PCCM+, just the price +- 2000€, and on top of that the current one has nothing but problems, which Porsche can't fix, probably buy from a Chinese dealer and rebadged

paul_mck said:
get the kit, it has all you need. then just buy a double din of your choice. I went for the £280 Sony from Halfords because it:

a) had a physical volume knob
b) had carplay

the screen isnt brilliant but who cares?

kit I bought (was £215 last year!!!)

https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/por...double-din-fascia-car-stereo-fitting-kit.html

Hi Guys

THANKS !!!! This is more ME I think - I'm not in to sourcing bit and bobs from lots of places - I just want one kit like this - nice and simple !!! And the price suits me - I thought about 500-600 all in is what I want to spend not £2k....
I'm gonna go for this and a unit from Halfords - brilliant

Im in the same boat as you, although my PCCM isn't broken but i have a Bose system and no steering controls.

Would that kit provide the link needed for an aftermarket headunit to the bose system, cant tell if it has the MOST converter??

I was going to buy a mr12volt for £140 and see if i got on with that but preference would be for android auto/Car play...

the kit has the bose stuff as my car has bose and thats the exact kit I bought

Re: hi

Davcbr said:
Don't expect too much from the future PCCM+, just the price +- 2000€, and on top of that the current one has nothing but problems, which Porsche can't fix, probably buy from a Chinese dealer and rebadged

Just curious what problems the PCCM+ for 996 has had? The reviews I've been watching online seemed very positive (I've been waiting for Porsche to release the 997 version)

in comparison my daily is a mk5 golf gti and I got an android headunit for it.

plug and play, wireless carplay and a 9" screen for £280.

is it the bose system that makes it expensive and needing the MOST converter?

If thats the case wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a diff amplifier or would that then need replacement speakers too?

talal said:
is it the bose system that makes it expensive and needing the MOST converter?

If thats the case wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a diff amplifier or would that then need replacement speakers too?

kit is £300 say inc the fascia etc. youll never do an amp replacement for what the bose adapter is costing. Dont forget the wiring kit, RCAs etc. And all the ballache of wiring it up

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back