Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Android Chinese PCM unit showcase

Hi Josh can you please post a photo of the completed installation, want tosee how it looks with leather panels in place. Thanks David

Moko said:
Hi Josh can you please post a photo of the completed installation, want tosee how it looks with leather panels in place. Thanks David

As you can see, it's slightly out on the right. Now I think there is a solution.
The whole PCM gets pushed right when you twist in the set screw on the left.

I'm gonna head to b and q and get another set screw for the right side and try to twist them both so that it's more central overall. I do think it might be ever so slightly out. When the set screw wasn't in and I just slid it in. It was almost perfect.

Regardless I don't think it's perfect. This android unit is still fantastic. It's a modern tablet and looks somewhat OEM.

Attachments

• pxl_20220511_160328511_317.jpg
    pxl_20220511_160328511_317.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,085
boot time

What is the boot time like on this unit? Eg from ignition on to connecting to android auto/car play.

Josh, did you have an email through asking for more money to basically "streamline" the shipping to avoid import tax? I have a feeling I'm being scammed...

Josh, I hope its ok to post this pic here, it relates to my question about the fitting of the unit, and it overlapping the edge of the cars controls on yours.

Pedro-Lopes-FB-997-2-Installed1.jpg

This is the same unit in black, installed in a gen 2 car (pic from a Facebook 997.2 thread I'm on).

I think this looks great, and does make me wonder if they made it to the dimensions of the PCM 3 unit, but that makes it slightly too wide for a gen 1 car? I'm surprised there's any difference in the centre console size though.

JonnieD said:
Josh, I hope its ok to post this pic here, it relates to my question about the fitting of the unit, and it overlapping the edge of the cars controls on yours.

Pedro-Lopes-FB-997-2-Installed1.jpg

This is the same unit in black, installed in a gen 2 car (pic from a Facebook 997.2 thread I'm on).

I think this looks great, and does make me wonder if they made it to the dimensions of the PCM 3 unit, but that makes it slightly too wide for a gen 1 car? I'm surprised there's any difference in the centre console size though.

I can see a tiny overlap on the left of that too. He may have just centralised it a bit more than me. I don't think you'd really notice on a day to day basis. Especially someone who is just jumping in the car.

Also Clanky, I didn't pay anything extra other than for the BOSE cable.

Looks good to me, I could stomach one at the £500 ish mark but the OEM version will be stupid money :sad:

joshkbaker said:
JonnieD said:

I can see a tiny overlap on the left of that too. He may have just centralised it a bit more than me. I don't think you'd really notice on a day to day basis. Especially someone who is just jumping in the car.

You're right about there being a tiny overlap on his.

It helps of course that yours and his centre consoles are black or black/grey. My sensitivity on this is that mine has a beige leather interior so will show more obviously!

the mold used for this product is 2mm too large it seems. if i were to guess, they traced outside + around the factory pcm and didnt adjust properly when fitting the test mold.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back