Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997/996 ignition coil connectors (for loom) ?

darkhorse

Spa-Francorchamps
Posted a thread for this as I cant find any information on it. I have found one of my coil connectors (from the wiring loom) has some heat damage.meltage to the plug end (coil heat shield was a bit worse for wear) and another one has the locking clip missing. They both worked fine but I want to repin new ones on there.

I am going to phone the OPC tomorrow, just wondering if anyone knows what connectors will fit? 3 pin BERU connector to fit coils like this...

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/pt17...11--2005--08/997-TURBO-2005--/Ignition-Coils/

I'm hopeful Porsche can supply them and I have heard they may do, but usually things like this are available elsehwere as they appear to be the same on some mercedes coils (yes I would get them from Merc if I had to as they sell the connectors). I cant find any connectors in the 911 parts pdfs I have... wondering if they say you need a loom!

Anyway, any info appreciated. Cheers

I don't think Porsche will sell a single plug but would advise a new harness.

The MAF connector plug mentioned by infrasilver was bought on ebay from the following seller. The link to 3 pin plugs from this seller is:-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/Auto-Click-UK/3-WAY/_i.html?_storecat=27778825016

They have 108 plugs to choose from.
Good luck and let us know if you find the correct one.

infrasilver said:
I bought a crimp tool to do my knock sensors on my 944 as they had turned to dust being 30 + years old. I got the correct plug and crimp connections from ebay.

There was another thread recently that discussed a MAF connector plug rewiring and connector plug. http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=135264

Porsche usually only sell complete looms?

Thanks, I have the tools just no connectors as yet **yes, I have now**! Will find out off OPC but I have been told they sell the loom only.. could be a load of rubbish though. Will soon find out as going to ask them tomorrow!

P9XX//

Thanks for the link, that is awesome! I have found what I think are the connectors and ordered a couple. Will update if they fit either way but they look identical. Really big help because I spent ages on ebay and came up with nothing!

Cheers P9XX, Ive still got good boots on the old coil connectors,also not sure if those fit the Bosch connectors..!?

As an update to this. Having spoken to Porsche OPC today the connectors are NOT available individually and it is a new loom at around a grand if you want to get them...

So, fingers crossed these are the right ones from ebay

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back