Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 3.6 all of a sudden rough running

Fleety69

Hi Guys, was about to sell my 997 over the weekend, so got it out Friday, spent hours cleaning it put it back in the garage, that morning driving and sounding like normal. got it out Sunday and it started rough, smoked a bit an could, hear a knock / tick sound. the noise raises with revs. obviously first thoughts goes to bores as it always does after reading all the horror stories on the internet. but it doesn't burn a drop of oil between services, no soot on the exhaust tips and I'm not getting smoke out of one side which is making me think it could be something else.

any ideas or thoughts ? obviously im getting it booked in for diagnosis but was curious if anyone had any similar experiences and if it turned out to be a lifter or a coil pack etc ?

cheers

no soot in the exhaust tips is a good start but the tick noise could be an engine issue but no necessarily a major issue

PIWIS scan is needed

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back