Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 Exhausting exhaust options

As others have said, get the bypass first before exploring other options. I had a H&S and was very happy with it, and for the price its one of the best mods available.

Don't forget if you are changing your exhaust manifolds (headers) you ought to think about replacing studs that hold the manifold onto the head. The Porsche studs appear to be made of cheese and rust badly. I bought some Titanium studs from a Nothamptonshire based company and I now sit here smug in the knowledge I have future proofed that particular "ticking timebomb" :)
They are not cheap £120 for a 996 C4 but that included Titanium washers and K nuts and were free post . :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Jon Michell is a very experienced Porsche engineer and that is an incredibly detailed answer to your question , Its very good that its given you the confidence to decide which type of 3rd muffler delete to go for .

As your so close have you had a chance to see the skeleton of the new Porsche centre Bournemouth on the corner of the estate that JMG are on ,It looks huge and is supposed to be going to be bigger than Portsmouth OPC .

:thumb: I will look out for you locally :thumb:

Cheers Phil,
Service from Topgear was excellent, I claimed the 10% discount so £314 and they even included the manifold gaskets and standard free delivery turned up the next afternoon; it's a quality piece of metalwork and interestingly the small support tubes are open at each end so will act as a partial bypass of the X-over. The car is booked in for installation next Tuesday so will take a look then at the progress at the new Bournemouth OPC site, is it on the old Slumberger site? Would love to take a look at what you have done to your C4S once the lockdown can safely be eased.

bennettonward said:
An update, have now had the Topgear X pipe installed along with a pair of Eisenmann tailpipes.

IMG_0403 by Ward Bennetton, on Flickr

Looking good , yes the slumberger site saw the sidings going on yesterday .100% catch up after the lockdown a group of us often go to the cafe at sandbanks for a breakfast on a Sunday morning in the summer. :thumb:

I walked across the industrial estate to take a look at the new Bournemouth Porsche site, they look to be making good progress, it is going to be a huge facility. I'm definitely up for a get together with any local owners once life can return to near normal Phil, thanks for the invitation.

Looking good , yes the slumberger site saw the sidings going on yesterday .100% catch up after the lockdown a group of us often go to the cafe at sandbanks for a breakfast on a Sunday morning in the summer. :thumb:[/quote]

bennettonward said:
I walked across the industrial estate to take a look at the new Bournemouth Porsche site, they look to be making good progress, it is going to be a huge facility. I'm definitely up for a get together with any local owners once life can return to near normal Phil, thanks for the invitation.

Looking good , yes the slumberger site saw the sidings going on yesterday .100% catch up after the lockdown a group of us often go to the cafe at sandbanks for a breakfast on a Sunday morning in the summer. :thumb:
[/quote]

No problem mate , now where do Porsche owners fit in the vunerablity levels for the vaccine roll out , I think personally we should be next after the 75yr old and over. because clearly we are important :floor: :floor: :floor: :grin: :thumb:

Thanks Phil; whilst waiting for the tips to be fitted yesterday, I took a walk across the industrial estate to have a look at the progress with the new Bournemouth Porsche site, it is going to be a huge facility once completed any idea when completion is due? Thank-you also for the invitation, I am definitely up for meeting some local members once the restrictions are safe to be lifted.

Looking good , yes the slumberger site saw the sidings going on yesterday .100% catch up after the lockdown a group of us often go to the cafe at sandbanks for a breakfast on a Sunday morning in the summer. :thumb:[/quote]

I posted a reply again as it wasn't showing up when I looked a short while ago.

bennettonward said:
Thanks Phil; whilst waiting for the tips to be fitted yesterday, I took a walk across the industrial estate to have a look at the progress with the new Bournemouth Porsche site, it is going to be a huge facility once completed any idea when completion is due? Thank-you also for the invitation, I am definitely up for meeting some local members once the restrictions are safe to be lifted.

[/quote]

Airheader911 said:
Are you happy with result ?
I am about to order the topgear x pipe and dual tips

Don't forget your 10% discount now your a forum member :thumb: :thumb: And welcome to the forum :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back