Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 GT3 factory ride height

Plumb

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi, after a bit of knowledge please.

I've searched the net and can't find a definite answer.
My 997.1 GT3 clubsport is sitting too low, the front spoiler grates and breaks bits off on speed bumps so want to raise the height to stock to make it useable.
I've tried with CG a few good independents and Porsche main dealer to have it raised and the geo done.
The soonest I can have it done is in 7 weeks, CG say mid to late June.
I enquired at a garage I have used before and never done anything but a good job, I asked if they could do it and if they knew the factory ride height, they said yes they can do it and the computer they have would give the factory height.
I wasn't that convinced by them with the ride height answer as they asked me if I had an adjusting tool that I would call a C spanner.

I was wondering if anybody knew the correct height then I could make sure it's correct.
I'll probably get it lifted then the geo done by the local place and book it into CG for June to make sure it's right, though if it rides perfectly afterwards like it seems to now bar the occasional scrape I may leave it.

Cheers

Attachments

• alignment1_149.jpg
    alignment1_149.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 751
  • ride_height_measurement_279.jpg
    ride_height_measurement_279.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 751
Thanks Photek

I found them too, they are American spec so not sure if they are the same after reading these.

Attachments

• 7d8abbe6_0a9f_4bc8_883c_cb668eb6199c_126.png
    7d8abbe6_0a9f_4bc8_883c_cb668eb6199c_126.png
    731.6 KB · Views: 737
They conflict each other

Attachments

• 5c95e7a6_dfa5_4204_8aeb_8999f5e524b3_102.png
    5c95e7a6_dfa5_4204_8aeb_8999f5e524b3_102.png
    350.9 KB · Views: 735
I'd trust more in the screenshot of the actual Porsche technical information, that there is only one setting (RoW/USA).

photek said:
I'd trust more in the in screenshot of the actual Porsche technical information, that there is only setting (RoW/USA).
Im going to go with that, going to cut some metal at the right lengths so they will be an accurate guide, thanks Photek

Have you had the car long or is it new to you?

Do you know who set the geo last and is this different to factory spec?

My car is on factory ride height from memory, but it's 'lower" and fills the arches better, because I'm running more camber. So while my car is lower, that's a byproduct of my more track focused geo, rather than something I set out to do specifically

Might be worth checking the geo first before you do anything else

Roro said:
Have you had the car long or is it new to you?

Do you know who set the geo last and is this different to factory spec?

My car is on factory ride height from memory, but it's 'lower" and fills the arches better, because I'm running more camber. So while my car is lower, that's a byproduct of my more track focused geo, rather than something I set out to do specifically

Might be worth checking the geo first before you do anything else
I've had the car since October but not driven it much.
It's lower than most/all others I've seen and the spoiler touched everything as it's only 60mm off of the surface underneath.
I don't know who set it up, it has adjustable front wish bones (Eibach) and think some track use before me, though it's loud so not sure how it passed the noise limits.

How high is your spoiler from the surface below ?
I know you can get different spoilers ie. Cup spoiler and one without the air intakes (or is that the Cup spoiler).
Another option would be to have a shallower spoiler if there is such a thing.

The suspension is being lifted whilst getting the geo done next week.

I'll add a few photos

This is how low the spoiler is, do you know which spoiler it has ??
It had been washed an hour or so before the photo hence the water, it's not leaking.

Attachments

• 8b86e0b6_3859_44d7_a66f_5d2b8eb9dac8_775.jpeg
    8b86e0b6_3859_44d7_a66f_5d2b8eb9dac8_775.jpeg
    461.4 KB · Views: 690
Looks a bit lower on the front

Attachments

• 6627cebf_978b_4750_b797_ea2aa97c4ac2_143.jpeg
    6627cebf_978b_4750_b797_ea2aa97c4ac2_143.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 684
That looks like a Cup spoiler to me, much deeper than the OEM splitter factory fitted on this model

Can't quite make out from that second pic at the front... odd angle, shadows and a black car

:)

From what I can see actually the ride height looks relatively normal so maybe just ditching that splitter for the standard one will fix the issue for you

Roro said:
That looks like a Cup spoiler to me, much deeper than the OEM splitter factory fitted on this model

Can't quite make out from that second pic at the front... odd angle, shadows and a black car

:)

From what I can see actually the ride height looks relatively normal so maybe just ditching that splitter for the standard one will fix the issue for you

Do you know the part number by any chance for the standard splitter ?
I'm ging to try and measure how high it is if I can tonight.

It looks lower that all other GT3s I have seen.

Another picture, think you can see it a bit better in this one.

Attachments

• 6c7f6b3d_9f83_4695_ba0c_c625abfa836a_103.jpeg
    6c7f6b3d_9f83_4695_ba0c_c625abfa836a_103.jpeg
    282.3 KB · Views: 660
That is 100% cup front lip sits about 20mm closer to the ground than a standard splitter.
Ride height looks standard to me .

Cup splitter 1/2 the cost of the original part plus looks much better imo. I use them on mine but do trim about 10 mm off with a 6 inch grinder and cutting bade

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back