Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Engine rebuild

Ended up taking my crankcases and heads down to Hartech. Looked into various other options but they cover so many bases and with such a good reputation it seemed a no brainer in the end.

I'll be getting all 6 liners, heads reconditioned, IMS bearing (I have later shaft), vapour blasting the heads and crankcases, reconditioned pistons and small end bearings replaced.

I'm putting the crank carrier back together now. Does anyone know if there is an orientation for the small holes on the crank carrier oil squirters? And do they fit tight or slide around in their chamber? I'm using new OPC ones. I thought they would positively seat in the chamber but they slide back up to the shells when tilting the carrier over.

sp1ke said:
I can't answer your question, but you might want to review the "Man in a Garage" channel on YT. He spent about 50 episodes detailing the trials & tribulations of his rebuild & often credits the chaps at Hartech for their advice.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEFm2mBdstQt95jYjFAVqPA/videos

Thanks I've watched his stuff during the strip down, he's done a cracking job to get an overview. Must have taken a lot of time to do all those. Also subscribed to "997 dad" not quite as detailed but very handy.

I've just realised my very daft mistake, they seat in the opposite direction :oops: Don't know what I was thinking, I had it in my head they would seat on the other side.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back