Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 c2 advice

Hotspur1000

New to Porsche and looking at a 2005 997.1

Have 2 on my shortlist at the moment:

1) c2s with 71K miles original engine and IMS
2) c2s with 93K miles but with a Hartech rebuild at 75k

which of the two above would be a better buy - number 2 is slightly cheaper, I would have imagine due to the rebuild that it would be more £ than the other but not the case - hence wondering which would you all choose if most other things were pretty equal?

No 2 for peace of mind. Check and make sure it is a full rebuild.

I had the same dilemma when purchasing mine, for me it came down to owners,history,spec,condition and the seller..
If both are pretty identical ( less mileage ) then I agree with Slayer and go for the Hartech rebuild if planning on keeping assuming it's all documented.
IMHO I would still want both to have a PPI as I ended up choosing the one without the rebuild and got it PPI'd. Good luck :thumb:

Personally I'd want one that has not been rebuilt. They do not all borescore to total engine failure. But then if it does need a rebuild there are rebuilds then there are rebuilds even if you use Hartech there are different grades of engine rebuild on the Hartech menu.

I'd want full bells and whistles new 4.0 pls Baz :D 8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back