Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sold 997.1 Beauty For Sale - Full Hartech Rebuild - NOW SOLD

Status of item for sale, now as sold
Status
Not open for further replies.

cottlad

Monza
It is with huge regret that I'm forced to sell my 54 plate 997.1. My other vehicle has died and I need to purchase another car :frustrated: I've owned this for around a year and have spent that year transforming it into the vehicle it is today. No expense has been spared to bring the vehicle to 'almost' immaculate condition which is imho bullet proof AND future proofed for thousands of trouble free miles. I say almost, as there are a couple of jobs on my list that I simply can't get booked in for until late July/early August as detailed further below description.

- Full Hartech rebuild 2,000 miles ago (all 6)
- IMS bearing sorted plus low temp thermostat
- Manual box
- Short shift stick
- Sports exhaust (sounds amazing)
- Cobalt Blue
- Sports Chrono
- LED rear and running lights
- Full Alcantara head lining and interior including wheel
- Hard back sports seats
- Various trim upgrades such as carbon sill plates and glove box
- 4 new Pilot Sport 2 tyres less than 2k miles ago with alignment
- Bodywork and paint immaculate
- Private plate included if wanted - HUI 997
- 99k miles

Apologies for the poor pics.... i know they should be better lit with some amazing backdrop but hey ho...

So what are the faults?
- The clutch will at some stage need some attention. 2 garages have advised investigation at some point. It still performs well but there is sometimes a slight clipping on higher rev gear changes. 1 garage thinks the linkage needs fine tuning, another thinks it could be the clutch. It is something that will need sorting eventually and I've been quoted £650 for a new clutch at a reputable Indy. I would have sorted already but they can't fit me in until July/August. It could be a minor adjustment or some new parts but I've mentioned new clutch as worst case scenario.
- The offside aircon condenser needs replacing. It's a fairly easy job to DIY and just involves removing front bumper, changing condenser, then re-filling gas. The condensers are £45-£85 depending which one you choose. Garage that quoted for clutch quoted £274 to supply and fit
- So the above faults will cost anywhere from £350-£1k to put right depending on clutch problem and if you DIY the condenser fitting.
- There is also a minor chip on the offside rear light cluster which can be seen if you zoom into one of the pics.

As you can see, the faults are easily and fairly cheaply sorted and reflected in the car price. The other option would be for me to sort and add £1k to the price.

Work completed recently:
- New rear shock absorbers
- Full Hartech rebuild
- 4 new boots
- O2 sensor
- Idler rollers changed
- Front discs and pads
- coolant pipes, brake lines, shims, wear sensors, water hose/sleeve, headlights level arms, gearbox service, post rebuild service, bump stops etc etc.
- I have all the paperwork and invoices for all work including past history.

I welcome any inspection and borescope if you require although the Hartech rebuild was only 2k miles ago :D

The price includes the privat plate HUI 997 but please subtract £500 if you don't require. I'm happy to get the clutch and aircon sorted before sale but this would take time as mentioned above and would result in a £1k premium to current price.

Please feel free to DM me here and I'll forward contact details.
There are cheaper 997 options but I think with the spec, colour and peace of mind this example offers, the price is very fair.
If you come and see the vehicle I have no doubt 1st will buy.

Selling price £27,000.00
Location East Yorks

Best regards

Shaun

It looks to be a lovely car. I'm not in the market, but for those that are it might help to state the odometer mileage, despite the engine rebuild. Good luck with the sale.

MarkC4S said:
It looks to be a lovely car. I'm not in the market, but for those that are it might help to state the odometer mileage, despite the engine rebuild. Good luck with the sale.

Oops silly me.
It has 99k miles so not quite worthless haha. Have updated OP :thumbs:

God that's cheap in the current market. Will fly out the door ..

Hello

Were the tyres and engine rebuild done before or after the last MOT ?

What was the invoice price of the engine work, do you have the invoice?

thanks

vroomvroom said:
Hello

Were the tyres and engine rebuild done before or after the last MOT ?

What was the invoice price of the engine work, do you have the invoice?

thanks

rebuild and 2 tyres before MOT then 2 more tyres slightly after

That looks like a cracking buy, and a refreshingly open advert. If I hadn't brought my Gen 2 recently I'd be on my way!

Graeme10W said:
That looks like a cracking buy, and a refreshingly open advert. If I hadn't brought my Gen 2 recently I'd be on my way!
Thanks. Yes certainly nothing to hide with this one :)

Just to add to original ad..... It also comes with
- CD autochanger
- Navigation
- Bluetooth hands free telephone connectivity

Looks genuinely lovely, this - should be a good worry-free motor for someone to double that mileage again and then some!

Wheels look great as well, what are they?

Gryph said:
Looks genuinely lovely, this - should be a good worry-free motor for someone to double that mileage again and then some!

Wheels look great as well, what are they?

BBS. Not sure on actual design. Think I may have invoice somewhere so will post when I get chance :thumbs:

Update: Have booked in to investigate and sort clutch and replace aircon rad but can't get in until October :frustrated:
Once complete there will be a slight uptick in price but car will be fully sorted

Man, this is a lesson in never look at the market once purchased something!

It's a bargain for that money, with the rebuild. Good luck with the sale, and if I could sell mine for the same money, I'd have this in a heart beat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back