Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 3.8 C2S engine cuts out

Help!!

Gents,
Apologise's for not posting any replies. But this biblical one will make up for it.

Not had time to ever consider looking at the car, work work work for the last 6 months.
However, the problem has got not gotten better, but now that we are in the summer months here the problem is amplified.

I did replace engine compartment temp sensor, coolant temp sensor, MAF(again as the one provided previously was non genuine). but to no avail. I have noticed that there is a vacuum loss occasionally as the brake pedal is hard. Brake are also not as good as they were.(something else to look at)

One occasion last week I decided to open the fuel cap and the pressure in the tank was quite high, so I stuck my finger in to release it quicker and it felt as though the fuel vapour was hot, admittedly the temp here is in the high 40s.

The clicking noise on the engine, I tried to record on my phone but when played back you cannot hear it, this noise is only on a hot start/restart and just before it fires up.

I have another issue with the car which I think is related. I can start the car on a morning to go to work it will start but only go to 900-1000rpm, with not initial jump up to 1500+, there is the odd occasion that it does jump top 1500.
But the real issue arises when I come to leave work normally after 8-10 hours, the car struggles to start barely reaching 200-300rpm. If I turn it off and try to restart it struggles to start. If I turn the ignition on and off a couple of time it seems to start better, but albeit at lower rpm, I sit with the engine running to 'warm' it up a bit because if I don't it will run lumpy sometimes throwing up CEL for misfires(yes Demort I have not replace the camshaft valve yet, my bad).

If I leave the car un-started for a couple of days it starts and jumps to 1500+ then settles and seems to run better.

When the car is fully up to temp the car runs fine, but still cuts out after driving for a couple of hours.

I will try and upload a snap shot of fault codes I get.

But this is the list.

P2179 Oxygen sensing adaptation FRAU bank 2 lower load range
P2177 Oxygen sensing adaptation FRAU bank 1 lower load range
P2190 System too lean at idle bank 2
P2188 System too lean at idle bank 1
P0300 Random misfires
P0301 misfire cylinder 1

C152 Communication PSM control unit (drive) For this one I don't know if it has only come on after I changed the shocks all round???[/quote]

Hey Remec911,

Did you ever solve this? I'm having a very similar problem. Same car, same symptoms. Car seems to run fine until it gets to operating temp then when pulling up to a red light or slowing to a stop, the revs will dip to 300 momentarily and maybe recover. 50% of the time it just stalls.

No codes or lights showing but I am getting the same fuel tank symptom and whenever it dips in revs I can hear a click like a solenoid switching on / off. I'm thinking it's the fuel pump relay cutting fuel momentarily. [/quote]

Hey Remec911,

Did you ever solve this? I'm having a very similar problem. Same car, same symptoms. Car seems to run fine until it gets to operating temp then when pulling up to a red light or slowing to a stop, the revs will dip to 300 momentarily and maybe recover. 50% of the time it just stalls.

No codes or lights showing but I am getting the same fuel tank symptom and whenever it dips in revs I can hear a click like a solenoid switching on / off. I'm thinking it's the fuel pump relay cutting fuel momentarily.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back