Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 turns 25

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but still the best value Porsche!

I love the headlights 😄

Amazing how most of the comments ( I stopped after 4 pages TBH) are about looks / interior. I honestly done get the interior dislike at all, its maybe not honed from granite but its hardly offensive.

TBH I kind of like having the bastard child of the 911's as there is less folks owning them that are up thier own arse. :lol:

Also TBH I dont really care what it looks like, its what it does that matters.

Gt3Owl said:
Everyone is entitled to an opinion but still the best value Porsche!

I love the headlights 😄

Exactly - and cos not everyone does, we get to enjoy 911 pedigree for at least half the price of all the others. Whats not to love about that :D

I too am happy that the down the nose lookers disaprove of the lights and the interior.They are mainly 993 owners who feel smug that they own the last of the aircooled cars.We however know that we own the best driving 911 possibly ever, the newer ones are not as analogue as ours and ours are faster, more efficient,stiffer etc than the old stuff.
Long may the scoffers scoff, us 996 owners quietly know we have hit the 911 jackpot.

coullstar said:
Amazing how most of the comments ( I stopped after 4 pages TBH) are about looks / interior. I honestly done get the interior dislike at all, its maybe not honed from granite but its hardly offensive.

TBH I kind of like having the bastard child of the 911's as there is less folks owning them that are up thier own arse. :lol:

Also TBH I dont really care what it looks like, its what it does that matters.

I think it's time this (bastard child of the 911's) ended, the 996 is an icon! it saved Porsche (along with the Boxster) and is the only 911 to have the iconic GT1 lights.

It is lighter, faster, more powerfull and generally better than any previous 911 (maybe 911 ST and RS excepted), other than the 997 it is also the last of the true analogue, sports car sized 911s. Those who slag off the 996 interior and not the prior models (all) really? have you actually seen/driven one because I have and they were pretty aweful. Although having said that the quality in some places (door card materials) was questionable but given that mine is now 22 years old and lasting well it certainly wasn't that much worse.

The comments from the PH haters stem from a preconception of what a 911 should look like and tribal nonsense. As a result, Porsche haven't been that bold with future 911s.

Let's be honest, previous 911 interiors are dated and so is the severely raked windscreen design.

A 996 with a full leather interior is a lovely place to be and I like the unique headlights. At least they integrate nicely with the front wings, bumper and hood. They're also so good to drive and mine turns heads. Towards the latter pages on the PH thread, there's plenty of people who agree.

Well i love my 996 C2 Cab. Its unremarkable in almost everyway compared to all models from the 996 to 992.

I brought one in C-ov-id. as i was bored and wanted something to play with so went for a bog standard C2 cab manual. My wife and I love driving it, more often than we do the 981 or R8 in the summer.....dont think i'll ever sell it unless I'm made a silly offer (which i dont think will ever happen) . It's that bridge to the old school 911's and the new. I had a 997 but for some reason couldn't get on with it. I prefer the 996.....wish i had my 996 TT back :) ..some lucky ***** has it !!.

I think the headlights will at some stage differentiate it in a good way (£££), from the rest of the 911 range.

villaman said:
.wish i had my 996 TT back :) ..some lucky ***** has it !!

I'm looking after it 😆🫠

Ha..yes I've been following your threads from a far with interest. 👍🏾

Meet one of your pals on a PCGB run in Scotland in his GT3 lookalike in September.

villaman said:
Ha..yes I've been following your threads from a far with interest. 👍🏾

Meet one of your pals on a PCGB run in Scotland in his GT3 lookalike in September.

Excellent he did say so 👍 hope your keeping well 👍

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
concept303
Back