Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 owner looking to move into a 964

Yes, I've done it - thanks to Trevor parting with lovely horizon blue c2 tip.
Cheers Trevor - she's a real beauty.
And massive thanks to Richard from Performance Porsche in Brighouse. He kindly went all the way to Coleraine in NI to inspect and collect. Now that's what I call service. Thanks Richard - at least you had the joy of the drive back from Stranraer.
Pics to follow when I get a few spare moments.

congrats! is this the one that was for sale a few weeks/months ago? sold quickly then went back on the market at a higher price within days?

Auctioned 964 Tiptronic

Just reading through the thread I noticed you were talking about the 964 tip which was recently sold at auction. Well, if it was the one down in Poole, I bought it ! I went the week before and had a good look at it before deciding to bid hoping the price would stay low but I know the market is rising so know it could go high, which it did. There was a lot of interest as expected. Straight after the auction I had it checked over and it turned out to be all good. Its currently having a 24 k service including valve clearances adjusted and brake fluid changed, its also having some broken exhaust studs fixed. All in all its a good car so sorry to the guys who lost out. Im going to keep it totally original and sort out any small wear and tear issues it has (gear knob, hand brake, tip selector numbers gone). It was advertised as a 1993 car but it was actually built in 1992. Its my first Porsche and intend to keep it in tip top condition. I'm taking it to Simply Porsche in Beaulieu this coming June so feel free and come and have a look at it.

Attachments

• darrens_porsche_964_resized_162.jpg
    darrens_porsche_964_resized_162.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 4,151
Lovely , with yellow callipers "rare" ! congrats all round , Horizon blue pics to come then :thumb:

Welcome :thumbs:

Did someone say horizon blue tip?? Sounds like heaven to me :cloud9:

Couldn't resist!

Ian

igaffz said:
Did someone say horizon blue tip?? Sounds like heaven to me :cloud9:

Couldn't resist!

Ian

Neither can i Ian... Luvverly

Ooohhh, can I play the horizon blue game too!
Picked this up a couple of weeks ago. Currently at RPM having some love.
1992 c4 manual. Will post some better pics once I get it back.
Igaffz' is giving me inspiration. Beautiful.

742c18890b953a36c62513db359c09ff_zps63c04b24.jpg

At a time when my dad, and my grandad were buying light blue metallic cars i christened the colour 'Grandad Blue'.

I must be getting old... as i love it now :)

I know exactly what you mean Joe! Colours come and go and after all the boring years of blacks and silvers it seems right that colours have a revival!
Horizon in the flesh is lovely, changes from blue to purple to grey as the light changes. Looking forward to getting it back and introducing it to its brother.
My son became a teenager this week so it must be an age thing!! :D

Simonc said:
I know exactly what you mean Joe! Colours come and go and after all the boring years of blacks and silvers it seems right that colours have a revival!

:worship:

Simonc said:
Horizon in the flesh is lovely, changes from blue to purple to grey as the light changes. Looking forward to getting it back and introducing it to its brother.

life should be fun and these cars are for having fun... be proud and show it off :)

Simonc said:
My son became a teenager this week so it must be an age thing!! :D

Memories of kevin the teenager spring immediately to mind...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLuEY6jN6gY

I just love the way the parents are entirely without colour. a dull cocktail of grey/beige!

:floor:

Thanks for that link, hadn't seen it for years! Just showed the boy! Still chuckling. God help me!
However have no intention of following into greydom! Plans for the white one at least in my head is martini livery. Just bought the first accessory! Original martini racing wheel
e73bae49755b22cdfef87440ddf04955_zpsea723035.jpg

Then if I am brave enough

b4e3f5329a8534b2436fd660927492bf_zpsa11ebc95.jpg

The blue one, will become a daily!
This obsession is taking over! :D

OP sorry for thread hijack!

L-O-V-E that wheel. LOVE Martini racing colours... what fun!

:)

The wheel popped up on eBay on Sunday on a buy it now, hummed and haaaaad for about a minute before clicking the button. Love it and looks even better in the flesh! Just got to get it fitted now. My club sport wheel will switch to the blue one which currently has a momo competition wheel on it.

18d1d8045d384fafd87f1c8196779c24_zpsb1484513.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back