Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 engine mounts and ongoing work

gilessav

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi all,

As I've posted before recently my car went into Wrightune to have various works done and an MOT. Given the more than 2 year gap this time due to covid between services the list has mounted....

so far:

New aircon pipe/rads and condensors
caliper connecting pipes and flexi on all 4 corners
front driveshaft rebuild
secondhand PSE boxes fitted (i sourced)

so expecting a tasty bill.....

I also asked them to investigate a knocking from the nsr of the car over bumps at lower speed. Seems this could be engine mounts, top mounts etc.

I've asked them to replace the engine mounts with original OEM given at 85k miles and the movement on the car when blipping the throttle they must be pretty worn. It may not solve the issue but seems a good idea in anycase.

OEM are £160+VAT each side plus an hours fitting. I've seen lots of threads on engine mounts, my car is purely road driving so any reason not to go OEM?

Cheers,

giles.

OEM all the way for the engine mounts. Plenty sturdy enough without creating any NVH. :thumbs:

RSS semi solid mounts are £299 + vat at Design911.. so would be cheaper then you have been quoted for the originals and are generally considered a great alternative to using OEM mounts. I have the Rennline ones in both my cars which are more expensive but you can change the stiffness settings.I can't fault them and would regard semi solids as an upgrade over the OEM rather then just a substitute.

Regards
Johnny

I fitted 993 RS engine mounts as a solid/OEM balance, worked a treat and no additional NVH, cost me £150 with fittings back in 2017.

Thanks guys,

Reading around it seems OEM is pretty expensive at around £475 fitted but prefer to keep standard and 'fast road' is enough for me as not looking for additional stiffness; albeit my old ones are i guess pretty soft so anything should be a good improvement :thumb:

Might be worth fitting on of the powerflex gearbox inserts whilst you're at it. Only around £30 and about an hours labour and they make a considerable difference, especially if you do the engine mounts at the same time. Always thought it seems a bit pointless doing 2 of the securing points and leaving the 3rd.

Thanks Alex,

think there was various 'fettling' of these areas when the box came out for a new RMS a few years ago along with other various rubbers/donuts replaced....

I'm expecting an eye watering overall bill but guess its 3 years of work all in one go :eek:

Corteco are the OEM supplier for Porsche and 997 engine mounts fit the 996, just a newer part design. did both mine last year for £180 for the pair and OEM replacement bolts. It's a dead easy job if you want to diy it, jack under the engine then do one side at a time. Two small bolts on the top and the big one on the bottom to the right torque. Takes only about half an hour.

esendia said:
Corteco are the OEM supplier for Porsche and 997 engine mounts fit the 996, just a newer part design. did both mine last year for £180 for the pair and OEM replacement bolts. It's a dead easy job if you want to diy it, jack under the engine then do one side at a time. Two small bolts on the top and the big one on the bottom to the right torque. Takes only about half an hour.

Where did you source the mounts from?
Thanks

I got mine from design 911 but looking now it does seems the price has gone up substantially.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back