Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Airbag Control Unit - Needs coding to car?

youngsyr

Montreal
Hi all, my mechanic suspects that the Airbag Control unit (99661821902) on my 2002 Turbo Coupe is faulty and needs to be replaced.

A new one seems to run at near £2k ( :sad: ) whereas there are plenty of used ones available on eBay for under £100.

Can anyone please tell me if the unit is coded to the car and if so, if and how it can be recoded to a new car?

Thanks! :thumb:

airbag

I got a new unit fitted to my 993 which had a 996 part number and it did not have to be coded but the airbag light needed to be reset! :thumb:

Re: airbag

stichill99 said:
I got a new unit fitted to my 993 which had a 996 part number and it did not have to be coded but the airbag light needed to be reset! :thumb:

Good info, thanks. Hopefully same holds true 996 to 996!

Hi

I also needed a new one for my 993. The part number began with 996 and did not need coding either. I hope yours is the same.

My airbag light came on after a steering wheel switch (for one also with an airbag) and it never went out. I spent years mucking about with everything and finally changed the airbag ECU as a last ditch and attempt to fix it.

Much to my surprise, bingo, and it was out.

Berni

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back