Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cruise Control Retro Fit

ians

Looking to have cruise control fitted to 2012 991 3.4, been quoted near £600 for fitting, that's price from Porsche sure indys will be cheaper.
Been a tight Yorkshire man always looking to save a few ££££s, tracked down the part number for a new stalk column which looks like 991 044 900 79 which you can pick up on Ebay for approx £200, then this would need coding to the car

Am I missing something here ? is it more complicated than my brain thinks ?

Many Thanks appreciate any reply's

Ian

I ve fitted a number of sport design steering wheels,
On a 981 / 991 if the car had a multifunction steering wheel you have to fit a new indicator stal assembly as you need the on board computer stalk which previously was on the steering wheel

The last time I did this, I thought I'd get a stalk assembly with a cruise control stalk , thinking as I had done on 997, I'd only have to have the vehicle coded and it would be a very minimal cost.

I had a shock when I got the bill as Porsche have changed the vehicle software and in order to activate cruise control, there's a sort of software unlocking , like a software unlocking code, got a £ 500 ish bill to have it fitted.

Power steering plus can be added to any car, again your just buying a software unlocking code, I think that was just under £300.,

If you fit a sport design steering wheel, if the car had a multifunction wheel before, you need a new control unit,
You can't re use the control unit, as once it's fitted to a car, the vin no is etched into the unit, so it can't be re used,

So tread with caution, Porsche are getting very crafty with so many of the control units in their cars

That's great many thanks for the reply's

Mark
That's great info, thought it was too easy just buying the stalk and getting it coded, last car I had it retro-fitted to was a 997 and it only cosy about £170

Ill have a word with my indy and see what the score it

Many Thanks

Ian

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back