Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.2 Cruise Control retrofit issue.....

berni29

Paul Ricard
Hi Guys

My brother decided he must have cruise control on his 996.2 so obtained a 4 stalk indicator unit, an aftermarket made up cable, and new Durametric Professional kit to code it. So not cheap. We already had an old Enthsiast cable but it only runs version 5 and it does not code.

The good news for me is that he gave me his old 3 stalk unit plus a cable to suit so that I could have the OBC enabled on my 986.2.

Both installs were reasonably straightforward (more so on the 986), but the Durametric is reporting the following error on both cars. "did not receive the correct number of bytes from the control module"

We have the latest .NET and Durametric software on the computer. It must be a software issue, but we have drawn a blank.

Any help appreciated! Thanks!

Berni

Attachments

• whatsapp_image_2022_10_03_985.jpeg
    whatsapp_image_2022_10_03_985.jpeg
    478.2 KB · Views: 1,085
  • whatsapp_image_2022_10_03_at_81431_pm_181.jpeg
    whatsapp_image_2022_10_03_at_81431_pm_181.jpeg
    283.9 KB · Views: 1,085
Hi

Just an update rather than letting the thread hang, have been in touch with the Durametric team, sent them some logs, and they have made up a firmware fix. Haven't tested it yet, but will be great if it works. Will report back!

Tks

Berni

Software update did not work still waiting for a fix.

Did this upgrade on my 996 recently using the same pre made cable off ebay and 4 stalk unit, but i got it coded by my local opc for a little over 100 quid.

All works fine, might be worth getting dealer to code it for you as not that expensive.

Regards
Carl

little fella said:
Did this upgrade on my 996 recently using the same pre made cable off ebay and 4 stalk unit, but i got it coded by my local opc for a little over 100 quid.

All works fine, might be worth getting dealer to code it for you as not that expensive.

Regards
Carl

Any links to parts mate?
cheers

I got mine coded by 9E, they only charged 30 mins, typical of their excellent service.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back