Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Heating/AC check

The hammer can do all things the Climate Control Unit is capable of, there is no difference between the Hammer and Durametric. (I haven't tried Durametric)
However, it is easier to use a graphic screen based diag system such as PST-2, PIWIS and Durametric, since the list of functions and how they are invoked is easier to maneuver. 993 Climate Control Units with software H05/H06 and H07/H08 have the following functions available, see below screenshots sfrom my PST-2.
Cheers, Tore

Attachments

• CCU functions.jpg
    CCU functions.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 14
Can duramatric do all of that, I can't find it on their website ?
1000068227.jpg

Yeah, thats what I found, cant say Ive tried it on the 993, works a treat on the 987 though!

Had chance to fit the new actuator and all good, will take the car for a good run tomorrow to test the heating and cooling works as it should.

Part 2 on the heating/ac check.

Thanks again @ToreB. Followed each test in the diy section in turn. All good until the recirc flap check. Removed CCU, started car and recirc flap moves fine. Next check, start engine, accelerate and recirc flap moves when it shouldn’t. Checked as much of the vacuum piping as possible, all connected.

Off to the engine compartment and remove the vacuum pump, strip down to find the diaphragm perished in a few places. New one on order from Porsche Poitiers 118€. Will install the new one when it arrives. Hopefully that’s it, did find a loose wire so resoldered and job done for now.
From your pics... Did you manage to split the vacuum unit to just replace the diaphragm ? I assumed these were sealed, so bought a new one but these new units don't have the adjustable part on the plunger.

No, I opened the actuator to demonstrate the hole in the diaphragm. As far as I remember I had to open the housing with a cutter or something.
I have never needed to adjust the actuator arm, it works to the extreme flap movement anyway. I change about 10 of these every year on customer cars, and changed my own about ten years ago.
Cheers,
Tore

From your pics... Did you manage to split the vacuum unit to just replace the diaphragm ? I assumed these were sealed, so bought a new one but these new units don't have the adjustable part on the plunger.
No mate, I had to buy a new unit and mine came with a fixed plunger too. Not sure you can get the diaphragm on its own.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back