Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Cab to 993 4S

Private Pike

Trainee
We have 96 Cab, black black colour combo and look to exchange for a 4s

The value of the Cab would be around 60k € and therefore looking at the current values I would envisage putting in 30 - 40K to get the 4S

The question being is it worth the extra money ?

We love the Cab and where we live the roof is of 70% of the time, that being another question going back to hard top

What are we getting from the 4S that we are not from the Cab that warrants the extra money, looks and bigger grin for sure but is it worth the extra ???

40k we could go and get 4S in 996 / 997 and be air and water plus a smug git with two....

...living in Provence with an 993 Cab and thinking of handing over a chunk of cash for a coupe??? Need your head seeing to :eek:

When the sun is shining and the sky is blue it has to be a Cab :thumb:

ATB :)

Private Pike said:
What are we getting from the 4S that we are not from the Cab

Hot? Followed by a bill for several grand to properly sort the air con.

you wont feel much of a difference IMO, but the difference you feel could easily be bridged or matched by installing the m033/m030 suspension and ARBs (basically whatever is fitted to the 4s).

what about spending the difference on an additional performance car?

My first 3 911 3.2,964 & 993 were all cabs as was living in SoF and Alpes but when i moved back to uk didn't like top down in towns and rural was going faster so had top up. Been in coupes ever since but always with sunroof.

Cab vs coupe depending on how hard you drive your car the main difference will be structural rigidity. I tracked my 993 cab and put lowing springs on it etc. but the body flex was quite noticeable.

The 4s is noticeably heavier to drive and the wider rear end makes for less space on the road if pushing on, on narrow roads compared to a c2.

aircon in these cars is very expensive to get to work really well especially in med climate. I ended up having to redo every component of the aircon, at big £ and then still needed to add rear window tints so my sons could sit in the back on long journeys in 28 degrees or above.

"Parked outside a bar" appeal the 4s will always win, for the rest. spirited driving, steering feel and fun the c2 is the winner the cab to my mind is a joy if you can use it, as you can.

Hope the above helpful.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back