Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 at OPC Bristol

The upgraded hydraulic system and oversized calipers and discs .....stop the car really well :grin:

Ps and they look bloody cool too :worship:

The return of Marty Wild said:
So when did Red become the sign of them being an S?! Could have sworn my mate's 993 C2S had red calipers back in the day.

The 'Big Reds" where for the more powerful versions but where fitted to the 4S.....its a different system ie not just the brake calipers and not unknown to be 'faked" by repainting standard calipers red

Interesting indeed. But 996 era and beyond, S had reds non?! Same for the 986.

Later models watered down a lot of air cooled ideas :grin:

Does 'pre-owned" as opposed to 'approved used" mean that it comes sans warranty?

wilpert said:
Does 'pre-owned" as opposed to 'approved used" mean that it comes sans warranty?

They might arrange 3rd party. No Porsche warranty once the car is 14 years

jonttt said:
The return of Marty Wild said:
So when did Red become the sign of them being an S?! Could have sworn my mate's 993 C2S had red calipers back in the day.

The 'Big Reds" where for the more powerful versions but where fitted to the 4S.....its a different system ie not just the brake calipers and not unknown to be 'faked" by repainting standard calipers red

Do you mean 'where' twice in your 1st sentence or is that scouse for 'were'?

I have no idea, if people can understand the gist of what I mean thats good enough for me :bandit:

jonttt said:
I have no idea, if people can understand the gist of what I mean thats good enough for me :bandit:

110k and only the 10 owners :?:

spongebob squarepants said:
jonttt said:

110k and only the 10 owners :?:

25 year old car, 2.5 years on average for each owner and as with most Porsche's probably changed owner 3-4 times in the first 3-4 years. I'd be ok with that if the history was all present and correct. :thumb:

C.

I have a chum who was interested in this car and naturally I gave him my sage advice re values.

The car is SOR so there is NO warranty and if offered would need to be third party as Porsche Approved won't fit. As OPC Bristol were somewhat tardy in responding to an offer (they'll have £5k-£8k in it I suspect) he has now bought something else and rather unique.

10 Owners :what:

I guess if buying from an OPC that folk think they are buying from the safest and thus guaranteed purveyors of Porsches..? Whereas if an OLD car might fail to meet those and other expectations in time, it seems that there may be room for disappointment....?

If indeed Porsche may have ceased production, or the gas is turned off into Germany for any reason, then OPC`s may have to seek alternative income streams..?

10 owners.. is that really a likely deciding factor Zingers..? My guess is you are typing in pure "investment/returns" terms as opposed to the priorities of an enthusiast hoping to own and run the machine for a while, though given the Porsche in question may be more likely to be bought by someone more investment minded ..Hmm..?

I suspect to paraphrase the popular TV programme on that which can be the largest financial outlay for "average" folk buying a home might be location, location, location.... For Porsche buyers who might be involved in their second most expensive ..err.. investment, and I use the word investment reservedly, and perhaps more in the case of OLD Porsches, as has been typed by others wiser than I previously.. I suspect the mantra might be.. condition, condition, condition...?

Of course continued and imagined expectations of value, be that investment or otherwise, can lead to court cases in time when either customer or purveyors circumstances alter with the passage of time.. A non-Porsche but interesting English High Court case which I found interesting some years back, all be it a few pages in length but educational none the less can be found at..

The Case of old Bentley Number 1 "” Блокнот (middlebridge-scimitar.co.uk)

Interesting..or not..?

Luddite said:
10 owners.. is that really a likely deciding factor Zingers..?

Not for me but for your avearge 993 sandals with socks owner/spotter they want the creme de menthe unicorn spec.

PS: The car at OPC Bristol has sold. Over the phone sight unseen.

Because it was priced right to sell :)

Some people could not get their heads around these becoming £50k cars again

The same people could not get their head around them being £75k cars

The same people will not get their heads around them being £100k+ cars

But thats OK as they won't be the ones buying them :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back