Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 dial colours

Ghost

Estoril
I've seen a 991 which ticks a lot of boxes, except for the dials which are yellow, and to my eyes, look hateful. As with older cars, is it possible to change dial colours on newer 911s?

The one in Harbour? Not sure how easy it is to change them and could be expensive

I've seen various custom / coloured gauge face sets for sale for the 991 but have no idea as to how easy it would be to swap them out. I guess it depends upon how handy / comfortable you are with a bit of DIY.

A quick Google took me to a video by AutoAmateur who did this on his 991 a while back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P7LmgxGZGA&t

I quite like some of the coloured gauge faces and yellow looks pretty neat, especially if there's other yellow on the car like belts & calipers etc.

Reactions: LHT
I've seen various custom / coloured gauge face sets for sale for the 991 but have no idea as to how easy it would be to swap them out. I guess it depends upon how handy / comfortable you are with a bit of DIY.

A quick Google took me to a video by AutoAmateur who did this on his 991 a while back:

I quite like some of the coloured gauge faces and yellow looks pretty neat, especially if there's other yellow on the car like belts & calipers etc.

I know some guys who make really quality gauge faces in California. Love them. Do you know them?

Worth having a look at 911Time's thread here. He did a great job - it was about recolouring the numerals rather than the colour of the dial faces but the same process could apply I imagine. Know what you mean about yellow dials (or red come to that) - in a Fezza maybe.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back