Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 Rear axle steering - is it wort it

Pit991.1

I am looking to potentially move from 991.1 to 991.2. I understand 991.2 came with rear axle steering and it was an option.
Does anybody have experience of it, it is worth it as most cars don't have it so it limits the pool of cars available. Or, it is another thing that can go wrong?

Thanks for your opinions.

Hi
I have it on mine (no option delete)
It makes the car very responsive in most driving conditions and also gives an excellent turning circle

It can feel unnatural or artificial when cornering in large roundabouts around 50mph (hard to explain but I feel like its correcting/compensating by tightening its line by itself) but otherwise very natural

Overall I would get it.

As for it going wrong, I haven't heard of any failures. The most likely failures on the 991.2 are the turbos (based on internet scare stories I've read)

Pit991.1 said:
I am looking to potentially move from 991.1 to 991.2. I understand 991.2 came with rear axle steering and it was an option.
Does anybody have experience of it, it is worth it as most cars don't have it so it limits the pool of cars available. Or, it is another thing that can go wrong?

Thanks for your opinions.

A thread from earlier in the year;

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1640425

I have it on my 991.1 GT3. It is exceptionally good. Car feels very planted when cornering at high speed.

Definitely felt more planted in my 6 month journey with the Turbo S.

If you are an enthusiastic driver, and want limpet-like, on-rails cornering behaviour, it is definitely a MUST-HAVE.

Along with the sports chrono and PASM package, the rear axle steering makes the car a dynamic marvel. :thumbs:

Same. Have it on my turbo s.
Does make the car feel like it's on rails.

I have it on my 991.2 Carrera S and would recommend it. The car feels more planted and agile.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoochyTM
Back