Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 airbag light - first post here.

Warree

It is a privilege to join you - thank you.

I am the lucky owner of a 991.1 TT for track and daily drive. I have added plenty of performance mods and tweaks. DSC module is my latest favorite addition.

I wish that my intro post didn't include a problem. Recently I changed the stock sports chrono steering wheel for a MF heated GT size 991.2 version. I used the GPS adapters, etc as documented here. All went well.

A few days later an airbag warning light came up and my scanner showed but could not remove:
1. drivers airbag stage 1 below limit/ value
2. drivers airbag stage 2 below limit/ value
3.ignition circuits in pedestrian protection system

So I removed/refitted the new SW to check connectors, etc. Still faulty. The weird thing is that I put the original wheel back on and the faults still won't clear.

Any ideas please?

Modifications are something im afraid i know little about so i'll just go with the codes ..

Fault code 001 is below .. 002 and 003 are the same so i didn't bother with them .

Reading the code data it would indicate the wiring is connected but there is either a coding issue or the wires are shorted .

The locking tab on the airbag wiring often on these cars shorts the pins together to tell the control unit to deactivate them .. i would start with this .. unplug and check them , make sure the tabs lock fully home .. replug and try and clear codes ...

Maybe they are damaged :dont know:

Next would be to check coding followed by a vehicle handover using a suitable tester .. a control unit reset basically .

Worst way i can think of is the airbag control unit is messing about .

Attachments

• 001_1_174.jpg
    001_1_174.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 2,163
Thank you. I checked all connections but still the same errors.

My next project involved removing the driver seat. When the seat was back in there were predictably, faults to clear. The weird thing was that 2 faults cleared. The only fault that did not clear was: ignition circuits in pedestrian protection system, signal coupling in ign. circuits

So, nearly everything is back to normal and could simply be a coding issue.

Might this problem be a faulty pedestrian sensor? And the rest is coincidence?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhaApex
Back