Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

981 GT4 'consumables'

James22

Hi

I've just put a deposit down on a '16 plate 981 GT4 and seeing it tomorrow with a view to chucking it to my local stealer for 111 inspection etc before purchasing. It has a few months extended Porsche warranty on so hopefully all will be as it should be.

My question is around consumables, i.e brake rotors, pads, clutch etc. Whilst I appreciate all these things degrade depending on how the car is driven what are their 'average' life spans on a GT4? The car has 25k miles on it so I'm assuming it has been through a set of pads at least, if not rotors (my last Porsche was a 997C2S which needed new discs every 20k miles or so, so I assume this is similar?) but what about clutch?

Thanks

I suspect the clutch should last for around 60 K miles unless you hammer it on the track

I don't think you can put a figure on when the clutch will go as it's all dictated by the inputs of the driver. I wouldn't be surprised if 50k+ will be the norm.

If the warranty is transferring to you then you've got all bases covered for other bits such as failed PSE vacuum or failed dynamic engine mount.

If the history has the service receipts there should be a condition report on brakes and tyres although your 111 check will replicate that. I'm assuming you've gone down the 111 check to get the over revs report?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back