Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

For Sale 911 UXX for sale.

Car, parts, accessories, number plates and all sorts for sale.

gizlaroc

Nurburgring
A good friend died suddenly last summer and his 1985 Carrera has just been sold, the plate is still for sale.

I just thought I would post it on here to see if any interest at all to try and help his wife out.

I think we have to put a price, so I will say £5k, but no idea, so let me know. I would just like her to get the best price she can really, as long as it is fair. Any advice on pricing would be hugely appreciated.

424602668_25244201308528864_3799581998938885266_n.jpg

Sorry for you loss. GLWTS

I wondered if this was the sort of plate that might do pretty well on a Collecting Cars auction?

Reactions: FZP
You can look back at all the 911 based plates snd what they sold for. It will guide you as to real world rates

Last edited:
I'd be upping that price:

Just to say on these sites the asking price is usually significantly inflated and the realised price is often significantly less. The turnover is low.
A better guide might be eBay realised sales.
That aside, I think it's a nice plate. UXX will mean nothing to anyone, but 911 and dateless are both positives and it's not an Irish plate either.
Starting at £5k sounds sensible to me, but be prepared to lower if there hasn't been much interest - I agree Collecting Cars is a good suggestion. It certainly looks a nice plate on a 911. Good luck!

Sorry for your loss.

For reference, my plate 911 AKO was up for sale for a while. Highest offer was £4500 but I decided to keep the plate in the end.

I wondered if this was the sort of plate that might do pretty well on a Collecting Cars auction?
That was the place I was going to suggest given their viewers are mainly 'Powerfully built pistonhead director types". You can put a reserve on it but be advised they will pressure you to either not set one, set it very low, and if the bidding is below the reserve nearing auction end get you to reduce it.

(y)

Last edited:
nothing wrong with selling here :rolleyes:

Agree it’s probably a £2-3k plate and in the circumstances of ideally wanting it passed on to realise a value for the family I think Collecting cars is not a bad shout. We’ve bought 5 plates from their last year, none where bargains, fair prices paid but an easy platform to deal with for plates.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back