Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 Cabriolet versus Coupe

cabriolet versus coupe

911DG said:
LOL - yes it was accident related but I won't mention the garage - it wasnt the one your thinking of though which I know well ....

And.......... now you won't belive this but about 4 weeks later I had a blow out on the same piece of road, at the same time of day - AND I was Already on a spare as I was on the way to the garage to pick up a new tyre!!!! Same police cars, helicopters, traffic jam the lot - I couldn't make it up :dont know: mates from work were driving by and stopped to have a natter in front of me while 10000 cars crawed past flicking me the bird and god knows what else!

Doesn't that stuff happen to everyone :nooo:

I kept the car for another 3 1/2 yes, shipped it on Aus and it was written off 6 months ago in a Flash Flood in the underground car park of my apartment (drains burst, 3 feet of water in garage - complete right-off), along with 6 others..... Sometimes you have to just laugh
:floor:

I'd love a pint of real ale mate but sadley they don't serve it here in Sydney!

Remind me to park my car in your garage when it stars playing up like yours did! Finally fate dealt you a favour!

I have never heard anything like it - not even among the 996 drivers :D. I started a thread about the reliability of these models (see the threads above) but i honestly can say that you and that car were not meant to be! IT's GROUNDHOG DAY!

I will stand GT4 a pint in your absence as he has been very helpful in assuaging any concerns I have so far had about my 996 - so far unfounded and let's hope it stays that way..

Cheers mate.. :bye: :thumbs:

Thanks for the pint Henry.

What happened to you?

Hi

I had a carrera 2 996 cab for 18 months, never my original choice of Porsche a cab but a friend was selling it at a price to good to walk away from.
I loved it roof down in the summer was fantastic fun, and it sold trade 18 months later at the same money.

Now I've got something a little quicker, but would I have another porsche cab yes, and I'm sure I will.
Regards

Miles

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back