Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

6 owner 20k mile 991 4S concerns?

dward85

I've been keeping an eye on manual 991 4S's as they seem to not pop up very often. But have noticed this following one has been available for quite some time. I realize now is not exactly a seller's market but this model seems specced quite well so wondering if anyone has any thoughts on why it's not selling? Could something be wrong with it having gone through that many owners in a short amount of time? Doesn't really seem like an investment piece.

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/13505108

The number of owners shouldn't be an issue but to some potential buyers it will be.

The biggest issue - imo - is the asking price.

Manuals are scarce but don't command a premium in 991 guise as much as earlier models because the PDK is known to be superb and the manual box .... less so.

Also, the car is uniquely spec'd which narrows the buying market. All the sports features conflict a little with it having 4wd.

T8 said:
The number of owners shouldn't be an issue but to some potential buyers it will be.

The biggest issue - imo - is the asking price.

Manuals are scarce but don't command a premium in 991 guise as much as earlier models because the PDK is known to be superb and the manual box .... less so.

Also, the car is uniquely spec'd which narrows the buying market. All the sports features conflict a little with it having 4wd.

Hi mate, that doesnt bother me but thought it was quite high for how low the mileage is. Thought something may be wrong and that people flipped the car immediately.

Yes agreed, the asking price is a bit ridiculous and it shows as its been up for a while.

Do you really think the sports options really narrow it down that much? I do agree the 4wd does kind of conflict but not as much as if it had the powerkit.

TonyC911 said:
I agree with T8, seems very expensive for an early manual C4S and will have a limited market appeal.

I am not sure what you mean by 'investment piece'?

My thoughts were that the mileage is kept this low because people were not wanting to ruin the resale value...suppose not exactly investment per se. Shame its priced so high, not even sure what a fair price for something like this would be as the mileage is quite low. I realize that features dont always determine the resale price but it seemed specced well.

dward85 said:
Do you really think the sports options really narrow it down that much? I do agree the 4wd does kind of conflict but not as much as if it had the powerkit.

Aerokit, bucket seats and PCCBs are all sporty options that many C4S buyers wouldn't want. Buyers that do want such sporty kit may be put off by the 4wd and the weighty sunroof.

It 'sits between two stools' but will find a buyer as it looks great and it's red :D

It definitely needs to be a bit cheaper though as the mileage will creep up and reduce the value of the car as soon as anyone starts to have fun using it.

Owners wouldn't worry me.

Condition, miles and price does!

T8 said:
Aerokit, bucket seats and PCCBs are all sporty options that many C4S buyers wouldn't want. Buyers that do want such sporty kit may be put off by the 4wd and the weighty sunroof.

It 'sits between two stools' but will find a buyer as it looks great and it's red :D

It definitely needs to be a bit cheaper though as the mileage will creep up and reduce the value of the car as soon as anyone starts to have fun using it.

Yeah seems like everyone just "enjoyed it" for a couple thousand miles then sold it on. I think due to the number of manuals available might be a tough conversation....everyone thinks they have "THE" car.

I actually didn't realize it had PCCB's lol, i've been trying to avoid them due to the insane cost to replace. Is there anything I should be on the lookout when enquiring about any car with them?

Daniel said:
Owners wouldn't worry me.

Condition, miles and price does!

Thanks for that, I was just worried due to how low the miles are.

we use our cars at the weekend only and do 3-5k miles a year

A bit of a waste for sure but running them as daily driver requires deep pockets

So low mileage and multiple owners indicates a toy

I would have no issue -test drive and see if you like it

Good Luck

T8 said:

That may be felt to be the case for the 991.1, but the 'box in the 991.2 is excellent as Porsche made improvements.

Couple of cracks in the nearside headlight edge :dont know: - not a show-stopper but they cost approaching 2k to replace. I have a similar crack on mine - annoying in terms of appearance.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prime007
Back