Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1998 993 C4S x51 8k miles

I'd guess less than 5-10 cars with that power kit. It was very expensive. 8)

Hats off to you for dumping your dough on a car like this, what a looker.

I've asked Porsche about the number of Vesuvius 993's built but they're not interested in looking that up, sadly they're not interested in much unless you're trying to buy a brand new car.

That's a really nice example with the Kudos of the X51.

How long have you had it?

Are you fearful about adding to the mileage due to the potential effect on the future value?

I have identical 4 S X51
A few years ago was having an article published about my car and I contacted PCGH customer services to get numbers sold in UK , they said no problem we will get data from factory
some time later they replied ' sorry factory wont release data as this may effect residual values ' !!!

I think the issue is they do not relaese figures for any models because there is no longer ' limited edition ' and effectively although implied factory will make and sell as many as they can although not mentioned

tob_today said:
Unfortunately getting figures from Porsche GB is highly unlikely. For some reason they don't have seem to have accessible records on cars they sold during this period. It's hard to believe but there's been a number of people that have attempted to get similar info without success, including previous owner of my car.

Lovely rare car. Hope you are able to enjoy driving it without watching the mileage & give others chance to see it too. Many of these cars are tucked away to protect, which is also understandable.

Thanks. Closest I could get to a new one and I intend to enjoy it!

Luddite said:
A work of art for sure. I suspect the reality might be that most on this forum including me, would more than likely become somewhat of a slave to it`s low mileage and condition, perhaps feeling more like a custodian than an owner, which works well if primarilly bought to treasure, as it seems many Porsches seem to be.. :?:

That worried me a bit when I bought it but it needs to be enjoyed!

Desert Dragon said:
If ever for sale (don't sell) feel free to PM me. Stunning :worship:

Ha! Will do. It is utterly stunning!

wozy said:
Lovely looking 993

Photo taken in Lower Slaughter?

Yes, felt like a suitable backdrop for a work of art!

Paulb33 said:
A beauty. A true work of art would be to maintain its condition whilst regularly driving it. Enjoy!

100% agree!

IMI A said:
I'd guess less than 5-10 cars with that power kit. It was very expensive. 8)

Yes, I have heard there are 4 RHD cars. I know the list of my car was about the same as a 993 Turbo!

VanRendellrooy said:
Hats off to you for dumping your dough on a car like this, what a looker.

I've asked Porsche about the number of Vesuvius 993's built but they're not interested in looking that up, sadly they're not interested in much unless you're trying to buy a brand new car.

Also love the Vesuvius cars - the colour shows off the shape beautifully. Pity Porsche aren't so interested in the classics.

wpozzz99zSS said:
That's a really nice example with the Kudos of the X51.

How long have you had it?

Are you fearful about adding to the mileage due to the potential effect on the future value?

I've had it for a couple of years. Not worried about driving it - I can't enjoy it sitting in the garage. My challenge is finding the time!

PTCSRS said:
I have identical 4 S X51
A few years ago was having an article published about my car and I contacted PCGH customer services to get numbers sold in UK , they said no problem we will get data from factory
some time later they replied ' sorry factory wont release data as this may effect residual values ' !!!

I think the issue is they do not relaese figures for any models because there is no longer ' limited edition ' and effectively although implied factory will make and sell as many as they can although not mentioned

That's really interesting, thanks. Do you have a copy of the article you could share with me? I'd love to read it.

993 C4S x51

You,ll find the article on my website tognola engineering.co.uk

Re: 993 C4S x51

PTCSRS said:
You,ll find the article on my website tognola engineering.co.uk

That's fascinating, thanks so much. If only I had been lucky enough to spec mine from new. Out of interest, the other x51 car that you mention in the article - is that mine? Or were you aware of another one?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back