Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

£37k for a 996 CSR?!

Boba fett said:
RankBajin said:
crash7 said:
g911omr said:
Have I missed something?
Apart from a few bolt on bits and half an engine job, what would make this £37k? :dont know:

:yeah:

You could add the bolt on bits yourself for substantially less money!

Although I tip my hat to them in there attempt to inflate 996 prices :grin:

Maybe you could but I couldn't. My spanner skills stop at (just about) being able to change the pads and discs. I agree tho, if you're an experienced DIYer you could do the same, if you had the time, equipment and space.

At least it's not pretending to be something it's not (GT3 badged C2s, M/AMG badged bog standard saloons, 'CSL' M3's, RS recreations etc.). For good or for ill RPM are trying to create a brand, some, as is clear from the replies obviously find that laughable, but ultimately if it removes the "if it's modified it's worthless" mentality that can only be for the good? Whether it's value for money depends on an individuals circumstances and requirements.

It is pretending to be something its not though :nooo: :nooo: :nooo:

What is it pretending to be? It IS a 996 CSR, there never was a Porsche factory 996 CSR so it can't be pretending to be one. Obviously if you take the purist view that, if Porsche didn't call it that it's pretending to be something it's not, then that's another matter. But it's certainly not the same as pretending to be an actual existing model.

Phil 997 said:
Boba, there are kinda two ways of looking at it .
1/ it is just a stock 996 a nice one but still just stock with some graphics and a carbon duck tail. which is the it is pretending to be something its not .

2/ they never made one from the factory so how can it be pretending to be something its not when that something doesnt exist.

I have no issue with using OE or aftermarket parts to create the car you want with the look that suits you, as long as you dont badge it as something its not
it RPM want to create a brand thats fine and respect to them for that but the brand does need to be clearly theres , the techart GTsteet is an example of another branded look

:thumb:

Well said, so when are you going into production with the GTPhil997 ?

RankBajin said:
Boba fett said:
RankBajin said:
crash7 said:
g911omr said:
Have I missed something?
Apart from a few bolt on bits and half an engine job, what would make this £37k? :dont know:

Maybe you could but I couldn't. My spanner skills stop at (just about) being able to change the pads and discs. I agree tho, if you're an experienced DIYer you could do the same, if you had the time, equipment and space.

At least it's not pretending to be something it's not (GT3 badged C2s, M/AMG badged bog standard saloons, 'CSL' M3's, RS recreations etc.). For good or for ill RPM are trying to create a brand, some, as is clear from the replies obviously find that laughable, but ultimately if it removes the "if it's modified it's worthless" mentality that can only be for the good? Whether it's value for money depends on an individuals circumstances and requirements.

What is it pretending to be? It IS a 996 CSR, there never was a Porsche factory 996 CSR so it can't be pretending to be one. Obviously if you take the purist view that, if Porsche didn't call it that it's pretending to be something it's not, then that's another matter. But it's certainly not the same as pretending to be an actual existing model.

Using that logic, I have a modified 997, I have modded to what I think makes it a better car and it is probably unique, but can again be recreated.

Can I then call it some fancy name, or is it just a modified 997 :?:

Anyway, just having some fun, just some are to serious!!

Boba fett said:
RankBajin said:
Boba fett said:
RankBajin said:
crash7 said:
g911omr said:
Have I missed something?

Using that logic, I have a modified 997, I have modded to what I think makes it a better car and it is probably unique, but can again be recreated.

Course you can! What are you calling it? CSR is obviously taken, so is CLR and I saw someone making claims for TurboWibble or something... do you have a brochure? I like shiny pictures.... :floor:

Boba fett said:
Phil 997 said:
Boba, there are kinda two ways of looking at it .
1/ it is just a stock 996 a nice one but still just stock with some graphics and a carbon duck tail. which is the it is pretending to be something its not .

2/ they never made one from the factory so how can it be pretending to be something its not when that something doesnt exist.

I have no issue with using OE or aftermarket parts to create the car you want with the look that suits you, as long as you dont badge it as something its not
it RPM want to create a brand thats fine and respect to them for that but the brand does need to be clearly theres , the techart GTsteet is an example of another branded look

:thumb:

Well said, so when are you going into production with the GTPhil997 ?

As soon as I get my first 85k or do you think I should charge a premium as it will be number 1 :floor: :floor:
Mind you I better be careful it doesnt bite me in the ass too soon as a quick tot up

Base gen2 4S 48k
gt3 front bumper plus paint 2500
gt3rs rear bumper plus paint 2500
aftermarket twin air feed carbon boot and wing 4000
cargraphic full 200cell centre outlet valved sports exhaust 4000
IPD plennum and remap 1500
fabspeed performance induction kit 900
Vertini magic alloys and tyres £2500
GT3RS side skirts 750
interior mods inc 991 sport steering wheel and X97 kit 2500
lowering kit and spacers 400.

Bloody hell I have never totted it up like that just under 70k :eek:

still a bit of profit at 85k :grin: :grin: order book open :floor: :floor:

RankBajin said:
Boba fett said:
RankBajin said:
Boba fett said:
RankBajin said:
crash7 said:
g911omr said:
Have I missed something?

Course you can! What are you calling it? CSR is obviously taken, so is CLR and I saw someone making claims for TurboWibble or something... do you have a brochure? I like shiny pictures.... :floor:

Currently needs a bit of R&D, its a Pamphlet as the moment, given it some thought, how does 918GT2RSRR sound :thumb:

Boba fett said:
RankBajin said:
Boba fett said:
RankBajin said:
Boba fett said:
RankBajin said:
crash7 said:
g911omr said:
Have I missed something?

Currently needs a bit of R&D, its a Pamphlet as the moment, given it some thought, how does 918GT2RSRR sound :thumb:

If help is needed turning the pamphlet in to a brochure I am a Technical Author...
You could utilise my new Brochure CSR service which is only double my usual rate and features some stickers.

Maybe we should pool our resources and come up with a "911 911uk"...

EGTE said:
For £37K I would definitely want a Hartech 3.9L though, not just a top-end "refresh"....and some bucket seats.

This.

I could that to mine and be comfortably under £37k including paying for the base car

Fast Bug said:
EGTE said:
For £37K I would definitely want a Hartech 3.9L though, not just a top-end "refresh"....and some bucket seats.

This.

I could that to mine and be comfortably under £37k including paying for the base car

I should hope so - they've got to make a profit!

Fastlane said:
Fast Bug said:
EGTE said:

This.

I should hope so - they've got to make a profit!

They're also not fitting a Hartech 3.9 motor :mrgreen:

I think it looks pretty good and will appeal to some

At that price I would expect all the wheel nuts to be there though.

rdodger said:
I think it looks pretty good and will appeal to some

Best 2nd post ever!!!! :floor: :floor: :floor:

IMG_7776-1200x800.jpg

:sad:

rdodger said:
Well spotted - it appears one is missing from every wheel! I'm guessing the guy who put the car (almost) together is not the same guy that took the pics, so this has passed through at least two people at RPM!! A pretty poor show in my opinion and an unbelievable lack of diligence! Very poor! :nooo:
Mind you, it could be worse - they could've left a nut off this one...

Attachments

• img_7720_1200x800_205.jpg
    img_7720_1200x800_205.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 2,618

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back