Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What's it worth?

RankBajin

Trainee
First, apologies if this is inappropriate in this forum. I'm thinking of selling my 1998 996 C2 as I'm looking at building a more track focused car, and don't have the space, or spouse approval, for more than one 'toy'. Unfortunately I don't know where to pitch it as it's far from standard.

It's an RPM CSR, with Ohlins R&T suspension, new LSD, lightweight flywheel & clutch, genuine Fuchs wheels, new discs, pads, braided lines, manifold, 200 cell Xpipe cat, exhaust, leather Recaro buckets and of course RPM ducktail and OEM GT3 front bumper.

In addition to the CSR'ing it also has a Hartech 3.7 rebuilt engine (basically the full works - 330bhp, 300lbft).

It has also just been resprayed (for age/road rash reasons not damage) and ceramic coated. Entertainment wise it also has a new Porsche PCCM+ fitted.

As well as the work at RPM and Hartech there have been numerous other parts replaced i.e. engine mounts, headlights (now litronics), tyres, wipers and a million little things.... it now goes, stops, handles and, arguably, looks better than the day it left the factory (for the purists I still have the original parts so it could go back to standard looks/suspension/seats etc.)

All in all a lot has been spent and is fully 'evidencable' with documentation and pics. I don't expect to see anything like the outlay, but hope it's worth more than a standard 1998 C2.

So what it worth?

Thanks,

Rank

It on 106k, although with the engine rebuild and all the new bits I hope that it shouldn't have an impact on a 23 year old modern classic! In fact, it makes it more useable! :D

It's a solid black (which is currently looking very shiny!)

Sounds just about perfect for me. I really want it but currently renovating a house... :sad:

If you're not in a big hurry to sell, maybe we could work something out? Please let me know if you advertise it for sale so I can have a look. :thumb:

And it was an auto without a rebuilt Hartech 3.7....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoochyTM
Back