Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

£25,000 - What do I buy?

Good work.

Anyone we know?

I hope you gave them a 911uk flyer anyway :thumb:

mollytherocker said:
I have often questioned the wisdom of leaving ANY car for 2 years between servicing.

Especially a Turbo, which degrades oil even faster. I wouldnt leave the oil in longer that 6000 miles.

In terms of your question, a lot depends on what you want the car for and what you prefer.

At a mileage of 12k per annum, I would look at a Cayman S or 997 with a maintenance plan like Hartechs.

MTR
Porsche now`s best i think :puh:

Have you considered a Boxster S 987 or even a Cayman? They'll do all of the things you want it to do as outlined in your opening post. You'd get a current shape car with reasonable technology (I think a 987.2 maybe more than £25k) and one of the finest mid-engined roadsters of the day.

~ Maxie :thumb:

go for a 996 turbo because they have

the best interior porsche have ever made

By far the best looking 911 ever made

Very very reliable

Best value for money

Fastest 911 you can get for the money

but at the end of the day it is up to you

wish you luck buying a new car

pauluk996turbo said:
go for a 996 turbo because they have

the best interior porsche have ever made

By far the best looking 911 ever made

Very very reliable

Best value for money

Fastest 911 you can get for the money

but at the end of the day it is up to you

wish you luck buying a new car

I'll have some of what he is drinking please.
MC

Ditto the Turbo.

Job done.

:thumb:

I understand that the 996 turbo engine is bomb proof and good for hundreds of thousands of miles, but what about the rest of it?

Is a bargain basement £25,000 turbo a good buy or a down payment on massive servicing and repair bills?

saddlepunk said:
I understand that the 996 turbo engine is bomb proof and good for hundreds of thousands of miles, but what about the rest of it?

Is a bargain basement £25,000 turbo a good buy or a down payment on massive servicing and repair bills?

It's not bomb proof but it's certainly as robust as you'll get. £25k is not bargain basement, there are plenty of decent cars around for that price.

Make sure you get an inspection on it by somebody in the know. Obviously a decent years warranty is a good idea too.

Drive one. You won't want the 997 afterwards. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back