Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lowered your 993 ?

warby

Just wondering if anyone here has lowered their 993, and if so , which springs they used (prob only Eibach or H&R), and what they thought of the ride quality after.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 337

I've just bought a 993 C2 with a 'sports chassis' so the suspension is stiffer and lower (at least thats what the dealer told me). The ride is definitely firmer and the handling correspondingly better and even on the motorway, it is still very smooth and comfortable. I test drove a few 993s, most with standard set-ups and I personally prefer the lowered car. Annoying rattles might become more apparent but the only one I have found is the glovebox knob.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 469

Hi Warby

There is a factory kit, code = M030 which comes recommended by many. The best springs for you depend on what you want them for, road, track, combo etc. Also you are best off upgrading the whole package, including shocks, if you can.

The best info on supsension upgrades is at:

http://p-car.com/susfaq.html

Cheers, James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 475

I went for H&R springs with bilstein HD shocks. The car height can be adjusted and the ride is quite hard.
Good in the corners !!

The Holy Grail :?:

M029 + M033 = Comfort Lowered chassis (ie no lost teeth, vertebrae or trim, and nicer looking and lower COG)

GT4 said:
The Holy Grail :?:

M029 + M033 = Comfort Lowered chassis (ie no lost teeth, vertebrae or trim, and nicer looking and lower COG)

This ^^^^

For UK roads you can't beat M033s, especially if you also install Koni FSDS when it come to replacing your dampers .

benbo said:
I went for H&R springs with bilstein HD shocks. The car height can be adjusted and the ride is quite hard.
Good in the corners !!

A truly horrible setup for UK roads. Good on the track.

H&R springs with Bilstein dampers.

Noticeably stiffer around town but worth it on twisty roads and roundabouts.

Still plenty comfortable enough for long motorway journeys and not so stiff that the car is deflected off line on bumpy b roads.

Sometimes I wish it was stiffer, sometimes I wish it was softer and sometimes it feels just about perfect. I guess that means it's about spot on for me.

I too found the HDs too hard, that was with standard springs. Now on PSS10s and RS ride height, firm but not bone-jarring set at 5 on the front and 3 on the back. Be wary of going to low at the front otherwise you will get bump steer problems if you do not fit the RS hub carriers. Limit is RS+10. KW + Eibach have a reputation for being on the firm side. Everyone seems to like the Koni setup for handling and comfort.
Good right ups and comparisons on Jackal's blog.

Im doing mine this year and have literally no idea what to go for....

I just know I will get it wrong! :x

I have a c2s that started with new M033 set up by CoG .

It was ok but lost composure when really pushing on and I think slightly under damped particularly in compressions and had more inherent understeer.

I then had PS10's fitted at RS+10 and find it much improved if slightly on the stiff side possibly for some. It is definitely more stable when pushed, rides flatter and I have far more confidence in the car and hence enjoy it more. I think good engine mounts help as well .

I don't alter the dampers often but do occasionally soften them if going on a longer trip with the gf, she isn't a fan of teeth rattling :lol:

warby said:
Just wondering if anyone here has lowered their 993, and if so , which springs they used (prob only Eibach or H&R), and what they thought of the ride quality after. Migration info. Legacy thread was 337

This question will not help your decision because, as one of our elder gentleman called Kid Curry on here quite rightly says time and time again, "One man's hard is another man's soft"

Tell us what you're mainly using the car for and we'll point you in the right direction which could potentially save you thousands of pounds.

Kimbo said:
"One man's hard is another man's soft"

I can hear Madalaa typing...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrellS
Back