Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Diagnostic software tool

Powelly999

Hi all
What's the best diagnostic equipment to get, with regards to code reading and resetting as well as installing accessories like cruise control etc. Either stand alone unit or laptop based software with an interface?

Regards
Andrew

Durametric is the affordable option as PIWIS is the pro tool but sadly a subsciption model based on usage.
Durametric is available as a hobby system at around £300 and limited to 3 chassis numbers or Pro with unlimited for about £1000. There are cheap Chinese copy cables available on fleabay but can only use early versions of the software and are hit and miss if they work or not or if they actually cause problems when used :thumb:

Billy Bumpsteer said:
You can get a PIWIS set up for about £700, It will do things you dont even dream of! :eek:

It will certainly do everything but be very careful of it .. i know of more than one mechanic thats screwed up coding on cars when using it ...

It's not user friendly shall we say !

I'm amazed you can pick them up at that cost though .. last time i looked which was few years ago and they were circa £2K.

I have one, got it last year at that price, as you say, go careful, you can feck a lot up with it!
:sad:

Many thanks all.
Something I'll need to suss out a little more. I've got, and used a different system for my other cars for years and coded them for Cruise control etc. Along with DPF faults and counter resetting, these tools certainly are dangerous if we don't know what we're doing!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batman100
Back