Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil pressure gauge zeros out

sinky

Silverstone
This has happened a couple of times now when driving various conditions ,the pressure gauge just props to zero ,warning light comes on .If I flick the lever for the computer or dip the clutch the pressure comes back to normal. Is this just the pressure sensor playing up ,just seems a bit weird that it only lasts for a few seconds and no change in performance or sound.

I had the same issue and I believe it is very common just order a new oil pressure sensor and change it over.
Two wires on the top and just unscrew no need to drain the oil as it is at the top.
Mine is a 3.6 n/a

I've had this, too. I swapped out the pressure gauge and it was OK for a while but then the problem returned. I think i have a problem somewhere in the wiring loom and its the next thing on the list to get sorted....

There are also many stories of the connectors that connect to the sensor working loose - so you might need to get them crimped up tighter.

Good luck with your problem m8 - let us know how you get on

Osh

Rule of thumb .. no pressure on gauge .. if engine starts to rattle ..then finally goes bang its not an electrical fault !

Altering your computer display would indicate an electrical fault.

Normally i would go with sender unit .. but i have a feeling here it might be an instrument cluster fault .. sender sends a signal ( resisted earth ) so its the same what ever you do to the instrument cluster , altering the computer display shouldn't affect the sender signal .

Obviously dipping the clutch is different , it alters engine load there by revs and pressure.

Change sender first then see how you get on.

Im not sure how the guys here do it but ive bent a 19mm spanner into almost 90 degrees so i can get at it from the underside as its not the easiest thing to get a spanner onto.

Im ashamed to say i dont have a set of those .. mine curve round more and are used for going over a nut .. they are not fully open :(

But im also working with car on ramp and doing various other things at the same time so spanner works ok .

Time to spend even more money on tools i think lol.

Seems a bit of a pain to get to on the turbo , need to pull all the oil filter housing out of the way I believe to get accesses to sender. Anyone had a go at this and is there anything to lookout for.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPD
Back