Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Any recommendations for back boxes?

martinisonline

Nurburgring
Hi,

My backboxes have now succommed to tim worn, pretty poor as the car has only done 137,000 miles!
:floor:
So was wanting an economic solution that can work later with 100/200 cell cats and equal length headers.I need to do this in stages.
All experience gratefully received.
Oh would be good to fit the OEM tailpipes as I like the original look.
M

when I was looking around dansk back boxes seemed highly thought of so that's what I went with
and as you've mentioned standard tips fit on them :thumb:

The Super Sounds do :D

I bought these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-9...en:996&hash=item2ee5d027bc:g:8UUAAOSwpdpVeV-M

Good fitment, no issues and sound pretty decent. However you need to use the sleeves and saddle clamps provided with the exhaust to fit up to the cats and the clamps for the tips, the Porsche standard exhaust fitment doesn't sit tight enough.

Bought several exhaust parts, piping and intercoolers from Top Gear over the years and it's always good quality.

martinisonline said:
Do the dansk's sound more aggressive?

I've just fitted the dansk sports ones. The simple answer is no - you'd barely notice to be honest. Slightly raspier on start up and over 5-6K on WOT but nothing discernible to someone that didn't know they were aftermarket.

To all intents and purposes they're just non oem replacement parts - albeit a fair bit smaller and a lot more shiny.

I've just fitted a pair of these and echo what's said. £450 pair. Offer of £400 accepted arrived day later. Can't argue with that 😀😀

Mike! said:
I bought these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-9...en:996&hash=item2ee5d027bc:g:8UUAAOSwpdpVeV-M

Good fitment, no issues and sound pretty decent. However you need to use the sleeves and saddle clamps provided with the exhaust to fit up to the cats and the clamps for the tips, the Porsche standard exhaust fitment doesn't sit tight enough.

Bought several exhaust parts, piping and intercoolers from Top Gear over the years and it's always good quality.

Mike! said:
I bought these:

To be clear on this do they come with all the fittings you need? I see they have clamps for cat but not for tips?

I am thinking theses could also be my next purchase as my boxes are blowing...

arry said:
martinisonline said:

I've just fitted the dansk sports ones. The simple answer is no - you'd barely notice to be honest. Slightly raspier on start up and over 5-6K on WOT but nothing discernible to someone that didn't know they were aftermarket.

To all intents and purposes they're just non oem replacement parts - albeit a fair bit smaller and a lot more shiny.

In fairness it depends which variant of Dansk exhaust you fit. There are three versions as far as I know: standard replacement, Sport, SuperSound.

I have SuperSound being fitted as I type this by Sid @ PorscheTorque and will find out tomorrow just how they sound. :D

jinjaninja said:
arry said:
martinisonline said:

In fairness it depends which variant of Dansk exhaust you fit. There are three versions as far as I know: standard replacement, Sport, SuperSound.

I have SuperSound being fitted as I type this by Sid @ PorscheTorque and will find out tomorrow just how they sound. :D

Will sound very loud , you will be very happy tho with it and glad you chose them :thumbs:

I thought it was just Sports and Supersound - not seen any others. Either way I'm happy with the Sport ones as I didn't want noise

The Super Sounds really are epic

Fairly normal on tick-over

But really LOUD on full throttle!

I had PSE on the originals but it was never anywhere near this sound although, weirdly, gentle throttle puts them into silent mode :?:

On overrun they also sound great - sucking air in!

Best buy so far - would heartily recommend!

Thanks, 4b4, that's put my mind at rest.
I was a bit concerned that they'd be too loud ALL the time, but it sounds like that's not the case.

I've been told that there was no life left in much of the exhaust system, so the replacement has been timely!

jinjaninja said:
Thanks, 4b4, that's put my mind at rest.
I was a bit concerned that they'd be too loud ALL the time, but it sounds like that's not the case.

I've been told that there was no life left in much of the exhaust system, so the replacement has been timely!

Go for it they are epic ,gives the sound they should have had :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
N13LVV
Back