Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

picked up my x50 tt today

woodie

Trainee
after enduring the m25 closure and an epic diversion i finally made it to collect my car. ive spend the rest of the afternoon cleaning and making a list of bits to attend to.

first impressions, its very tight and the power delivery from a turbo takes some getting use to. i found myself fascinated by looking at the boost, seems to max out at 1.1

i love the looks, although her fat bottom makes parking in the garage a bit more interesting than in my C2.

so far my list of thing to do is:

Replace indicator assembly to deal with non latching right indicator
coffin arms all round
top mounts
respray front bumper - stone chips
re-instate original front grilles and mesh behind
refurb wheels
replace front spoiler

i know the list will grow but im going to enjoy making it mine.

Attachments

• 996tt_01_328.jpg
    996tt_01_328.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 4,789
  • 996tt_02_336.jpg
    996tt_02_336.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 4,789
  • 996tt_03_251.jpg
    996tt_03_251.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 4,789
Very nice looking car, bet you had a big grin driving home.
i'm curious, with a to do list like that i take it you purchased privately? :?

Great car :thumb:

I hope removing the S from the rear is on the todo list :D

Great car and in a great colour. A 1.1 bar boosts sounds like it might have had a remap - so epic performance?

Congrats and welcome....ENJOY
Great looking car by the way

Yes it was a private sale and overall the best one I've seen in the months I've been looking. gt one did the ppi so I had and pretty good idea what I was getting.

I've no idea if 1.1 bar is or isn't standard with an x50. It's pretty rapid and grin inducing, so whatever it's it is, it's goooood

Two more bits for the list.

Headlight polish
Number plate refresh with new surrounds

I don't have a problem with keeping the S on the back. Most S owners seem to take the ceramic brakes off so other than the yellow callipers it's an S spec?

It's completely acceptable to rename a caterham when it's upgraded why not a porsche?

A 'proper' S also has Turbo S on the door sills and interior console and were only sold in 2005 - cosmetics really...

:thumb:

:congrats:

Why is your spoiler up :?:

Has it got a 'Woodie' :dont know:

:floor:

Congratulations, she looks lovely. Definitely sounds like a remap at 1.1 boost. Does it have an aftermarket exhaust?

Mine boosts to 1.1.........it's no big deal............and with my standard exhaust makes a lovely 'stealth' fighter.......... :D

No need to draw unwanted attention from plod......... :cop:

(Beyond my hooligan driving....... :drive: )

Lovely looking car... I am sure you will have years of fun in it. If you want to complete the 'S' look then think about getting your wheels the 'smoked' colour as they came as standard.

Thats a nice bit of kit Woodie. Congrats man!

Osh

The list has just grown.

Get the F@&k&'g lights working. Just had to drive back with the front fogs on. Surely something that should have been picked up on the ppi?

Anyhow I'll pull the switch apart as it seems like a common failure before getting a new one in.

Still loving it through.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
N13LVV
Back