Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Zunsport Grills, Remove for OPC Service

Steve997

Spa-Francorchamps
Do OPC's take notice of any mods when servicing the car and pass comment to the owner, document their findings on OPC database?

As a matter of course do they check for any potential warranty work, if no problems reported by the customer or do they just service the car and are not interested in any mods, I.e Zunsport Grills fitted or not?

It will depend upon the OPC and in particular the techie involved but if the grilles are easily removed I would definitely take them off.

Their fitment will only come into play if you suffer an overheating and/or engine failure and attempt to make a claim but if they have noted the fitment at any time previously it might become an issue for you.

During the service the tech will make note of any advisory items. It will be down to the service advisor to quote you for the work to be done or to advise you that it's something that could be fixed under warranty.

As per T8 .. we list non porsche items on a service , i know i did .. in the event of a claim if after that we don't refer back to the service history but it is on record at that opc ..

Items like this fitted in the event of a claim have to be taken into consideration .. thats done by the opc .

It's a difficult one though for this item to argue it was a contributing factor to a fault on a claim but it would be considered .

Can all OPCs see what work was done at any of the other OPCs in the country or is it limited to what is within their own network group, I.e synter or stratstone etc...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prime007
Back