Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Your thoughts?

AndyS

Albert Park
Hi guys - what are your thoughts on this one?

1996 993 Carrera 2 Varioram

Polar Silver with dark green leather interior & rare MO30 sport suspension factory fit option

Tiptronic S edition with steering wheel mounted tiptronic gear controls

Unusual factory ordered full leather interior, finished in dark green leather including all door cards, dashboard, centre console etc, roof lining and door pillars, every surface is leather finished. Black leather steering wheel

Hard back shell seats with electric adjustment
RS front bumper corners
996 alloy wheels with nearly new tyres
replacement PU rear bumper mounts
new engine mounts
replaced front wishbones with OE spec Metalastic bushes
full service history and recent service including both filters
auto gearbox oil and filter change
new cam covers and gaskets
clear indicator lenses

all recalls carried out

Sunroof, electric windows, dual mode Aircon, Nokia sound system with extra speakers and surround sound control in door pocket, CD autochanger, trip computer, tool kit, air compressor, spare etc. Black Porsche over mats

No crash damage or crash history. HPI clear

Owned by my family for the last 2.5 years and a local Glastonbury car before that, maintained by Porsche OPC and Independants (eg. Steve Bull Devizes)

The car has spent the last 2 years in Sweden at my family home and has only seen summer use. The car is in excellent all round condition and everything works as it should. Performs and sounds excellent. It has just completed a return trip from Sweden to the Uk without missing a beat and returned an impressive 28mpg.

A very good and usuable example with all the essential 993 work carried out and owned by a long standing 993 enthusiast owner.

Attachments

• porsche_911_993_s678644_6_486.jpg
    porsche_911_993_s678644_6_486.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 2,645
Interior and wheels are an acquired taste.
No mention of mileage or price
Hardbacks good and condition looks good
Are you sure you want an Auto?

I've seen a green/green 964 and that is getting rave reviews given the special order interior.

If you want an auto the go for it. Great for busy traffic and although old design now still perform well :thumb:

1996 993 Carrera 2 Varioram

Polar Silver with dark green leather interior & rare MO30 sport suspension factory fit option

Tiptronic S edition with steering wheel mounted tiptronic gear controls

I stopped reading after the first two paragraphs......

Hi

I love the interior. It will be even better once you bring the colour back to the original strength. The wheels will have to go. If the offset was correct it would come down to taste. Price in a set of Cup 2's. I think the spoiler curtain looks faulty.

I would go have a look at that car if I was OK with having a Tip.

I really like it a lot!

Berni

Thanks for the replies so far guys. We always talk about buying on condition, so I was looking for one that had the major work already done. The screen scuttles are OK, rear PU supports and chassis legs done, engine mounts done, suspension done, disks and pads, body work is very straight - but may need front PU looking at for stone chips, one door strap is showing signs of wear - but the seller is dealing with that pre-sale.

I realise that being a Tip' is a compromise for some, but I think this is just personal taste. The same can be said for the interior I suppose. I had always wanted a 'Marble' interior, but each one I looked at always appeared too grubby (personal taste again.....).
Wheels again - although not original, they are an easy swap :thumb:

sday12 said:
Interior and wheels are an acquired taste.
No mention of mileage or price
Hardbacks good and condition looks good
Are you sure you want an Auto?
Interior should be goood once brought back to life.
Wheels, I have a spare set of 18's ready to go on.
Hardback have a few marks on the back of them, and I'm not sure how one would address this yet?
Do I want a Tip? - I think so. This will be my 4th Porsche, and I have already had one Tip'
Although I love the manual, I spend a lot of time on the motorways, and traffic jams in a manual are a nightmare

Zingari said:
I've seen a green/green 964 and that is getting rave reviews given the special order interior.

If you want an auto the go for it. Great for busy traffic and although old design now still perform well :thumb:
Cheers Zingers.
The green does look suprisingly good - rather like an old Chesterfield suite!
I think this one just needs a full refurb of the leatherwork.
Tip? - as above, not a problem. I love driving in Tip' mode, and I do get stuck in traffic quite often.

madalaa said:
I stopped reading after the first two paragraphs......
Thanks Madalaa - as they say, each to their own. However, I would be interested to know what was putting you off?

berni29 said:
Hi - I love the interior. It will be even better once you bring the colour back to the original strength. The wheels will have to go. If the offset was correct it would come down to taste. Price in a set of Cup 2's. I think the spoiler curtain looks faulty.
Berni
Berni - Agreed, the leather just needs bringing back to life, and I have a spare set of 18's ready to go.
I didn't spot the curtain fault, but still can't see what the issue is? What am I missing?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pands
Back