Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

You dirty, DIRTY girl...

Re: So pleased its not just me.........

PaulC4S said:
alan sweeney said:
Hi Resb,

Nice job, but only 4 hours :wink: :wink: a little clean then :wink: I am very sad and personal best so far is 16 hours!!! my wife thinks I have lost the plot, I say very therapeutic.

Alan

I often think i am the only nutter who takes an age to clean my car... there may be hope yet me thinks.... I use the Polished bliss silver werks kit (clean, prime, jet) clay bar etc, what sort of polish do you guys use?

cheers Paul

Quick summary of my experience:

Auto Glym SRP- when I need to remove swirls or light scratching when I've cut corners on cleaning. Hate residue/chalkiness though for a final finish. Fantastic for bringing indicators/reflector back to best.

Zymol - looks great for that just polished look but lasts all but 24 hrs and to do it justice you need to HD Cleanse which is tiring and laborious despite great results. Fine for garage queens. No longer used.

P21S Wax - better wet look than Zymol, very quick can do car in 40 mins but its easy to overapply and get was build up that goes white by the rubbers and stoneguards on the arches. Isnt very durable and washes off too easily. Haven't used for months

Zaino ZPro2 - amazing wetness, zero residue, glossiest I've seen and fantastic repellancy and durability for weeks. Quickest of them all and topped off with Z8 spray unbelievable colour clarity. For daily drivers I dont think it can be beat. Just started to use Zaino Clear Seal which provides extra protection, will see how it goes.

What do you use?

Chris W said:
PaulC4S said:
alan sweeney said:
Hi Resb,

Nice job, but only 4 hours :wink: :wink: a little clean then :wink: I am very sad and personal best so far is 16 hours!!! my wife thinks I have lost the plot, I say very therapeutic.

Alan

I often think i am the only nutter who takes an age to clean my car... there may be hope yet me thinks.... I use the Polished bliss silver werks kit (clean, prime, jet) clay bar etc, what sort of polish do you guys use?

cheers Paul

Auto Glym SRP- when I need to remove swirls or light scratching when I've cut corners on cleaning. Hate residue/chalkiness though for a final finish. Fantastic for bringing indicators/reflector back to best.

Zymol - looks great for that just polished look but lasts all but 24 hrs and to do it justice you need to HD Cleanse which is tiring and laborious despite great results. Fine for garage queens. No longer used.

P21S Wax - better wet look than Zymol, very quick can do car in 40 mins but its easy to overapply and get was build up that goes white by the rubbers and stoneguards on the arches. Isnt very durable and washes off too easily. Haven't used for months

Zaino ZPro2 - amazing wetness, zero residue, glossiest I've seen and fantastic repellancy and durability for weeks. Quickest of them all and topped off with Z8 spray unbelievable colour clarity. For daily drivers I dont think it can be beat. Just started to use Zaino Clear Seal which provides extra protection, will see how it goes.

What do you use?

How come You think AG super polish resin removes light swirl's & scratches Chris?? It doesn't have any petroleum in it, I don't think.
I thought it was just silicone based.
My Dad used 2 use it on His Volvo when I was a kid.
20yrs ago it was the dogs Boll***S

ldt said:
Chris W said:
PaulC4S said:
alan sweeney said:
Hi Resb,

Alan

cheers Paul

What do you use?

How come You think AG super polish resin removes light swirl's & scratches Chris?? It doesn't have any petroleum in it, I don't think.

Err whats petroleum got to do with it? The definition of a polish (vs wax/glaze/seal) is that it has slightly abrasive properties, e.g. to remove oxidation and contaminants. Swirling sometimes is scratching of the wax or seal layer not actually the clearcoat paint so a slight abrasive like SRP is ideal for getting back to a good surface to reapply wax/glaze/seal.

I do like a dirty 911

Dream911 said:
I would struggle to put more than 3-4 hours in and i`m still within my first months owenership. I think its because a full respray is coming once i found a good place and have the spare coin.

Anyone ever tried these aqua gleam things? might trim a little bit of the drying time off.

http://www.porscheshop.co.uk/acatalog/porsche_autoglym_valeting_cleaning_products_porsche_cars.html

Yes I've had 3 so far, makes a massive difference esp in summer when normal hard water evaporates so quick leaving water spots but the secret is to only use sparingly for rinsing otherwise they dont last long. I now just have a small Hozelock pressurised sprayer filled with Brita filtered water for a final going over.

Not just about saving time it reduces the need to towel dry which always risks swirling the paint.

Also Elite sells these too so u can save p&p if getting other bits.

ResB said:
Wonder if Evil_C wants to give me his winning ticket from the recent "Elite Detailing" competition. ;)

:hand:

You obviously had an enthusiastic drive back from Stamford last week mate, your 'before' pics look like you'd got jealous of mine and changed to Seal Grey
:D

Chris W said:
ldt said:
Chris W said:
PaulC4S said:
alan sweeney said:
Hi Resb,

Alan

cheers Paul

What do you use?

Err whats petroleum got to do with it? The definition of a polish (vs wax/glaze/seal) is that it has slightly abrasive properties, e.g. to remove oxidation and contaminants. Swirling sometimes is scratching of the wax or seal layer not actually the clearcoat paint so a slight abrasive like SRP is ideal for getting back to a good surface to reapply wax/glaze/seal.

Err what's petroleum got to do with it?
Petroleum distillate is the main ingredient in T-CUT that is responsible for the cutting effect. When You mentioned AG spr removed swirls I just wondered how because I didn't realise it was an abrasive.
However, just been & looked on the pot & guess what?
It contains>>>Petroleum distillate :tongue:

Chris W said:
PaulC4S said:
alan sweeney said:
Hi Resb,

Alan

cheers Paul

What do you use?

Interesting, I use http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/werkstat-acrylic-kit-kits.html this... was recommended particularly for my silver car

I am interested in your Zaino ZPro2 though, sounds very good

cheers Paul

PaulC4S said:
Chris W said:
PaulC4S said:
alan sweeney said:
Hi Resb,

Alan

cheers Paul

Quick summary of my experience:...............

What do you use?

Interesting, I use http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/werkstat-acrylic-kit-kits.html this... was recommended particularly for my silver car

I am interested in your Zaino ZPro2 though, sounds very good

cheers Paul

Equally interesting, how do you find durability? This stuff seems similar to how the Zaino stuff works but with Zaino its micro thin whereas I suspect the acrylic builds up? Any pics Paul? You are right with silver cars the difference can be massive.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhaApex
Back