Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Xenons on ebay, bought, fitted.. wow !

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Maxy M on 27 July 2005

LOL! Well on the basis of the posts above, I'm seriously tempted to get a set. But is this the kit for which you have to stuff ballast resistors or something up in your wheelarches packed in bubble-wrap, and they can get hot and ignite/explode and turn your gorgeous 993 to toast and stuff? (I've seen dire warnings posted here and elsewhere.)

Or should I just go down to my local modshop and get some bright lbulbs with a blue tint Saxo/Corsa-style? (I think the cool look is the best bit.) :wink:

well I haven't used any buddle wrap yet.... ! to secure firmly....

so they are currently stuff in the gaps.. left side = hugh space around the a/c pipes, but for the right side = up in the wheel arch, a tight fit but fine....

but remember these kits are more advanced than the earlier ones that had both a seperate convertor and ignition module, so those are a thing of the past..

now with a single ballasts i.e. built in starter, it is pretty much plug and play,

With the ballasts and igniters in thses kits integrated together into a single metal box, = installation easier and provides protection from the heat = makes it longer lasting and much safer...

so I am of the opinion that the problem of seperate plastic modules from the past is no longer a problem with these single metal ballasts...

but better to be safe, so I am looking at what I can wrap the ballasts in to secure them and protect them againt any heat issues...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31922

As I have had a set fitted for over 9 months now and had the car put through and passed it's MOT I very much doubt that the self levelling issue is worth worrying about.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32081

Mine have been on for a year now with no problems, and no MOT issues.

PS: Did I mention I'm selling my 993?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32194

results

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/IMG_8245b.jpg

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/IMG_8249b.jpg

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/IMG_8326b.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35585

I have the same kit on my 993 and totally agree with Sundeep's comments. It's a fantastic kit which totally transforms driving the car at night. I can see where I'm going now! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35592

Wow they look great which is good because as i placed an order this morning (should be here tommorow) hopefully i get get home early and fit them.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35594

A bit concerned by the legality issue here. My car has factory fitted Xenons AND a level adjustment. Apparently the European law to have self levelling adjustment came in after it was manufactured. So I don't think they can be illegal, therefore I think the DoT would have a hard time prosecuting someone for having retrofitted xenons. IMHO of course.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35597

As I stated a lot earlier I have been through an MOT and no mention was made of the fact that they were retrofitted xenons.

Purely on the grounds of safety, they are a must have.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35598

Ok they turned up.

But I have a quick question the blast box how did you secure it?

There looks to be a plate that you fix on, and then fix the metal box to that.
Or can they be left loose? Use Sticky back plastic or I have these foam pad things?

And was there any drilling involved on the back of the light? Also I can’t make out any disenable light socket just a plastic thing at the bottom of the bulb

I haven’t had time to play around to much but will do a closer inspection when I get home

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35613

Is the correct bulb fitment for the HIDs4u Pilot kit the H1 or D2s? I'm a bit puzzled as to which bulb is the correct fitment. Is there any difference in colour output if both are compatible?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35633

The 993 requires the H1 fitment

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35634

Ok i'm stumped

There’s a yellow wire and a brown wire pictured below

Do I hook the Ballast up to that then have the wires go back through into the light to the bulb?

Also which is + and - ?

Help appreciated

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35636

or am i meant to take the wires from the receptor in the wing?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35637

I know mine is not the same but it should be very obvious where each wire connects, if not you have been sold a pup!

Attached below is a picture of the HIDs once wired up. It may help you!

PICT0007.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35644

ok kool that pretty much shows me how to wire it.

I just wasnt sure where to connect and which was + and - on the light

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35646

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prime007
Back