Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel refurb , thoughts?

Stevo

My gloss black wheels on my GTS are in need of some tlc, with a couple of small chips and paint being a bit flat so am looking at a refurb with a different colour and was wondering what you thought. I'm not a great fan of the gloss black as I feel it makes the wheels look smaller. Colours I like are Aurum , Satin Platinum and Satin Black. My thoughts : Aurum , too ' flash" for an ' ordinary ' 911. Only for GT3's etc. also might not look great with the Meteor Grey body colour. Satin Platinum , lovely colour , would work with grey centerlock caps I have but might blend in too much with the body colour. Satin Black , looks lovely as well , can't think of any bad points other again that the black makes the wheels look smaller.
What are your opinions? Any pics of said colours would be great , especially if it's a Grey car. Also anyone have the paint codes for Aurum and Satin Black? Can't anything anywhere ( have the code for Platinum) cheers

I must admit, I prefer good old silver/platinum. I think they look 'right'. My Cayenne has gloss black wheels and I think they look awful and yes, it makes the 21" wheels look as if they are 16" :dont know:

Thanks guys , Weiss gold is certainly a nice option to consider

I went from black to satin neodyme (the latest 992 gold hue). Also, I recommend checking out Whoopswheelfixit's gallery, for a whole host of wheel finishes!

https://www.instagram.com/whoopswheelfixit/

52925600929_59971040b5_z.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back