Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What's happening with the new Taycan car market ? who's about to buy one ?

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
I have notice there are a lot for sale and in insane number for sale at OPC's

using the following Porsche link....
Porsche Taycan – new and pre-owned cars for sale.

JUST FILTERING ON NEW.......

Taycan (28)
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo (22)
Taycan Sport Turismo (34)
Taycan 4S (40)
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (88)
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo (72)
Taycan GTS (35)
Taycan GTS Sport Turismo(105)
Taycan Turbo (50)
Taycan Turbo Cross Turismo (19)
Taycan Turbo Sport Turismo (28)
Taycan Turbo S (60)
Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo (14)
Taycan Turbo S Sport Turismo (33)
Total = 628 !

which is reflected by sticker savings on external websites
1698867712597.png

and today I got an email ...

1698867803141.png
1698867886131.png

£5000 off list, still doesn't seem like a deal with 628 new cars waiting for buyers !!

anyone brave enough to buy one, unless you have to in order to get the next 992.2 GT3 🤦‍♂️

thoughts please (y)

We picked up on this last week in our chat group. The was a post on FB about it. Scary when you compare to how many other models are for sale:

1698869269769.png

Last edited by a moderator:
As for battery replacement:

1698869369132.png

We picked up on this last week in our chat group. The was a post on FB about it. Scary when you compare to how many other models are for sale:
rest assure there are no GT's in that list of new cars
and barely any manual transmissions

Taycan volume has been growing, a bargain or white elephants ?

why are there so many unsold cars ?

wasn't electric the unicorn for the car world ,,,,,,, @jonttt ?

The unicorn of the tax avoider more like.

Costs me more to insure my Tesla 2023 2WD model 3 than it does to insure my 2012 C4S... I paid more for the Porsche 2 years ago, than I did for the Tesla earlier this year... Causes me to wonder how much of that Insurance cost is related to the Tesla being electric, in terms of Insurance claim complexities., and if so, does the Insurance cost increase apply when comparing the Taycan to other similarly priced new Porsches...?

Nobody is goingto buy a Taycan as a private vehilce - the risks v returns are too high hence most of the cars in stock are returned lease deals. Depreciation can be eye-watering

As a company/business driver they make a lot of sense for what you get. However the elephant in the room is would you run one without an OPC warranty and then what do you do when the 7yrs battery warranty is up as that cannot be extended. Better to rent/lease, enjoy the 2-3yrs then give back and move on.

Last edited:
It's a joke is that. Everyone knows batteries have a lifespan and cost a fortune.

I can just see the Autotrader ads now: 2021 Taycan, battery still has 2 bars and a range of 8 miles. :ROFLMAO:

If they weren't so ugly and a Toyota Supra look-a-like I'd get one and drop a flat 6 in it.

Thanks for the insight Zingers. I do like the way the Tesla drives and can only imagine the Taycan is considerably better... However it does seem that unlike the 911 and derivative range, the Taycan will be unlikely to attract enthusiasts to the model range given the likely battery lifespan and replacement cost issue..?

I guess as a longer term purchase the Taycan may have potential for whoever buys one outright, to assess that in either 8 years or 100k miles they can arrive at the stage of feeling the car owes them nothing...?

It's a joke is that. Everyone knows batteries have a lifespan and cost a fortune.

I can just see the Autotrader ads now: 2021 Taycan, battery still has 2 bars and a range of 8 miles. :ROFLMAO:

If they weren't so ugly and a Toyota Supra look-a-like I'd get one and drop a flat 6 in it.
Flat 6 Taycan🤔

All I can say is its the best daily driver I've ever had (and I've had some nice ones).......6mths and 14k miles, witchcraft

I'm staying out of the debate other than to say the artifical market created buy tax incentives will not work like it did for diesels (remember when they where the next big environmental saviour) ie the 2nd hand demand will just not be there like it was with diesel. But the battery concerns are a red herring ie evidence from Teslas that are now 7-8 years old and 200k plus miles on them in the USA (and pre less sophisticated thermal management that those first gen cars lacked) is that average battery degredation if <10%.......ie they generally last better than a combustion engine over similar age / mileage. Of course will always be the scare stories the press with use on the extremities (chocolate 996 engines lol).....

At the end of the day the Taycan is just a great car to drive, if it wasn't I would not have one and certainly would not be so happy with it ...can't stop driving the bloody thing !

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back