Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What would you change / improve on a 997 i.e. your 998......

garyw said:
As far as I'm aware the window closing feature was removed due to the old favourite.. health and safety..

The only cure was to fit a smartop add on..

garyw

That's unbelievable :evil: Surely Porsche can come up with an anti-trap mechanism - it can't possibly be any more complicated than getting the windows to drop a few mm when you open and close the doors!

Glad mine's a pre-facelift :D I use that feature all the time as I have to park really close to a wall and drop the windows to get in and out of the car without doing myself an injury!

I agree Gary - my old M5 managed it!!!

JJ

Wattie said:
garyw said:
As far as I'm aware the window closing feature was removed due to the old favourite.. health and safety..

The only cure was to fit a smartop add on..

garyw

That's unbelievable :evil: Surely Porsche can come up with an anti-trap mechanism - it can't possibly be any more complicated than getting the windows to drop a few mm when you open and close the doors!

Glad mine's a pre-facelift :D I use that feature all the time as I have to park really close to a wall and drop the windows to get in and out of the car without doing myself an injury!

I'd like to see the RS version as a propper, stripped out lightweight without any driver aids except ABS. Make it worthy of the RS tag not a money spinner because of the tag.

I'd like to see the RS version as a propper, stripped out lightweight without any driver aids except ABS. Make it worthy of the RS tag not a money spinner because of the tag.

Seagull said:

Never happen, just look what happened with the CGT crash in the USA, Porsche given blame for making such a car... then to remove any Insurance reducing aids !!! :shock:

garyw

:evil: 998 is so sexy
998_991_739.jpg

They need to differentiate the 911 from the lower models (Cayman etc) with a huge power increase and a lot less weight.

I would like it to Rev a LOT higher VTEC style.

I would like it to have Japenese levels of build quality and reliability.

I would like them to get rid of all their current UK dealers and replace them with people that care about selling expensive motor cars.

I 'may' like a v8 screamer of an engine????

I am less concerned about 0-60 times and more about mid range and torque (especially after having been outdragged by and XJR in a rolling start).

Might even suggest a sub turbo - turbo (if you know what I mean) i.e. similar concept / thinking to the BMW 335.

Front view and back view of the car are fine but the side profile is a still a real let down to me - needs more presence.

Key fob - come on - how difficult can that one be?

Automatic handbrake (ala Audi)

oh yes...........and a little bit of relaibility and build quality would be nice

Get a 90 litre fuel tank on the RHD versions i.l.o. the piddling 60-64 litres we have to make do with :x
Regards Big Bob :bye:

Big Bob said:
Get a 90 litre fuel tank on the RHD versions i.l.o. the piddling 60-64 litres we have to make do with :x

Do you know you have 911 posts :grin:

cap_scarlet said:
Big Bob said:

I did have, now I've gone down market to 912 Posts :floor:

Big Bob said:
cap_scarlet said:
Big Bob said:

I just went down again to a 914 on another thread :floor:
Big Bob

Big Bob said:
Big Bob said:
cap_scarlet said:
Big Bob said:

I just went down again to a 914 on another thread :floor:
Big Bob

I've just been promoted to a 917 on another on another thread :floor:

My perfect 998
1. Slightly more rear leg room for my kids
2. More power and bigger flat 6 say 4 litre to keep me in front of those
4x4
3. More lightweight panels to keep weight down
4. Brake-regeneration technology (Ask Bmw for some advice) to reduce
emission
5. Carrera GT headlight (Integrate both daytime running lights and
foglamps into the headlights)
6. Electric folding mirrors---making getting in and out of garage a bit
easier
7. Stop using plastic. Use real aluminium. Use leather for the rear centre
console.
8. LSD should be standard

Manks said:
Body shape.

After the 993 the 911 lost some of its good looks; the roof line flattened and the back end lenthened. If Porsche could trim the tail slightly, and perhaps the front just a tad, I think it would re-introduce the beauty of the original 911 shape.

Manks

i agree

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back