Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 996 this week......?

GT3 lower control arms, inners and outers plus shims - suspiciously cheap from from Spyder Performance... 🤔
Crazy cheap! How did these work out? I picked up a set before the holidays in preparation for a project - so far they're still sitting in the boxes while I wait for struts to released from HMRC.

Upgrade the steering wheel.
Wow what a transformation.

Attachments

• IMG_4791.jpeg
    IMG_4791.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4793.jpeg
    IMG_4793.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 19
Had the 911 polished, hood treated, interior full deep valet. All the 4 wheels refurbished and new OEM centre caps + OEM black wheel nuts

Attachments

• IMG_2188.jpeg
    IMG_2188.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2193.jpeg
    IMG_2193.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 14
Had the 911 polished, hood treated, interior full deep valet. All the 4 wheels refurbished and new OEM centre caps + OEM black wheel nuts
Nice job on the wheels. What was the cost of the caps and wheel nuts please. Did you buy from Porsche.?

Caps 42 each Porsche OEM!!! And nuts 8.5 each Porsche OEM. 338pounds in total plus 320 refurbishment of the alloys. I also got 2 rear tyres Goodyear, that was another 420!.

Last edited:
Caps 42 each Porsche OEM!!! And nuts 8.5 each Porsche OEM. 338pounds in total plus 320 refurbishment of the alloys. I also got 2 rear tyres Goodyear, that was another 420!.

Those wheels should look perfect now :love:

(think positive ...;))

One wheel re-furb - cos I dropped it when doing the brake refresh... and only 12 months after all wheels were done...:rolleyes:

Fresh MOT - passed with advisory that the rear indicators were not orange enough. So went out and treated her to a new pair of bulbs. :)

Wash, decontamination, clay bar and polish - ready for the summer :D

I had a few goodies arrive this week, will probably get on with installing them over the weekend

- Some Alpine speakers and adapters for the dash, should work fine with the new Blaupunkt headunit I installed last weekend.

- Rennline throttle pedal hinge, mine is a bit wobbly.

- BMC air filter

I bought a used Aircon controller surround, now the GT3 lower console delete installation is finished (a radio will be installed at some stage in the future...)

986-996-Cache-plastique-commande-clim.jpg
View attachment 97417

That interior looks great. Mind me asking if the wheel has a spacer fitted? I’m considering fitting a Momo to mine but looking at that it looks quite close to the driver?

Yesterday, oil, filter and pressure relief valve modification, cavity wax to the box sections, today, low temperature thermostat, coolant flush and fill,old crusty hose clips binned and new shinies fitted.and some general faffing and cleaning. IMG_20240402_182130_resized_20240402_092819426.jpgIMG_20240402_182314_resized_20240402_092820115 (1).jpg

Removed the short shifter and installed a brand new 997 shifter, BMC air filter and Rennline metal throttle pedal hinge - the latter job being a right pain in the **** of a job. The car is now so much nicer to drive as a result though. Took a a couple of pics before stopping off at my body shop to get a quote for some paint work to cure some of the inevitable corrosion and more so to rectify previous poor craftsmanship and put things right. Will be costly, but probably worthwhile.

Also ordered a new decal to replace the rear badge (which has been put on wonky!), a new gear knob and gear gaiter. Also priced up complete suspension refresh, bin the awful M030 kit and fit some decent shocks. I’ve been here before, feels like Deja vu…

IMG_3315.jpeg

After getting the Koni Special Actives along with H&R springs fitted, I decided that rather than pay for another geo that I would no doubt not be happy with, to have a go myself. After lots of messing about I have the car feeling exactly how I want it to feel. I have absolutely not idea what the numbers are, but christ on a bike it feels absolutely amazing!!!

I have some pretty aggressive negative camber on the rear, you can see it, and quite a bit of toe in.
The front doesn't actually have that much camber at all, and toe in is pretty neutral (well I think it is).

The steering weight is just spot on, no slack what so ever off the twelve o'clock position and weighs up even more as you press on into a corner. The car feels just perfectly neutral, the back end never feels like it is anything but planted and needs to be seriously provoked to get it to break loose.

The car feels much firmer, like M030 firm, but also more comfortable than the stock suspension. To say I'm chuffed is an understatement.

I will be honest, I was going to sell it and get a 991, but this is staying (for now anyway).

I also added some 15mm spacers front and rear, so now, with the lowered stance, new suspension all round it just feels right.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back