Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 993 this week ?

That reminds me at I also got wiper arm end caps and blades (Bosch 472 kit) - easiest swap I've ever done, normally I find that a bit fiddly but this was click off, click on.

Leather cup holder (behind handbrake surround) to match the handbrake surround I bought a while back so now all that section matches gear gaiter and steering wheel and are the same as my new leather interior (rear) and door cards that were fitted last week. Very happy with it all (thanks 911livin).

After Silverstone Classic, switched straight back to my (new) Oz Racing wheels - they feel so much better than the hollows. Guess that's the reduced un-sprung weight. Love them. Oh, and got myself a torque wrench... how have I lived so long without the proper tool? :)

ch3tman said:
tyinsky said:
Fulla said:
Just fitted the ExactFit Magnetic Phone Mount which I bought from Rennline. Not cheap but the fit look's good and I'll be testing it's ability to hold the iPhone on a drive later.
New replacement Bosch battery S5....completely dead after a year and a half. Due no doubt to the car being away for almost 6 months for body work. Bought from Eurocarparts and to replace I simply went back with receipt and they swapped out.
Any photos of it installed you can share? Looks an interesting solution. Does the clock stick out noticeably from the dash?
For pics, click here and scroll down a little bit...:
http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1329720#1329720

Despite the price, I'd recommend it.

Thanks to Fulla and Ch3tman I now have one of these Rennline items fitted. Got fed up with the Kenso one sliding out of place. Not used it yet but seems to be a neat solution. They must fit the LHD cars better though as the design is handed. Looking forward to using it. :wink:

I fitted the Rennline phone mount and it works a treat as you say the Kenso lost the phone a few times.

6000-mile service, new clutch, new clutch lever, new driveshaft rubbers, new brake and clutch fluid.

Mobil 1 Sticker from ebay.
Full Gtechniq Crystal Serum detail
Full interior detail - Seats look better then when I bought the car!
Awaiting some photos so I can post. Used Elite Detailers in Maindenhead and can highly recommend.

Fulla said:
Awaiting some photos so I can post. Used Elite Detailers in Maindenhead and can highly recommend.
Looks like they've posted some pics already... paint looks glass smooth! 8)

1jGj347.jpg

F9vAlQD.jpg

Would like to learn what they mean by referring to "lacquerer re-levelling" especially given your recent paintwork - what issue does it address / how does it occur? Is it common with new paint?

ColinC said:
Endoman said:
Not purchased but thinking about it:- http://www.clewett.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=135
Any experience here?

Are you experiencing charging issues from the RS hub ?
Not at all, even on my short commute to work. I've sorned the car for now as I'm going to try and sort out the remaining oil leaks and give everything a good clean up and wax protection. I dicovered that the platform lift is not ideal for oil changes as the tank drain is right over the platform. Going to try one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORM-A-F...m=201739033555&_trksid=p2054502.c100227.m3827

new wheels

Hi guys, my first 993, bought her about a month ago finally got the wheels on at the weekend, may need lowering. ...

rich
bournemouth

Re: new wheels

rich07 said:
Hi guys, my first 993, bought her about a month ago finally got the wheels on at the weekend, may need lowering. ...

rich
bournemouth

Welcome and congrats on the purchase Rich.

Maybe start a new thread with some pics, details and future work/mods planned. :thumb:

C.

Endoman said:
ColinC said:
Endoman said:
Not purchased but thinking about it:- http://www.clewett.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=135
Any experience here?

Are you experiencing charging issues from the RS hub ?
Not at all, even on my short commute to work. I've sorned the car for now as I'm going to try and sort out the remaining oil leaks and give everything a good clean up and wax protection. I dicovered that the platform lift is not ideal for oil changes as the tank drain is right over the platform. Going to try one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORM-A-F...m=201739033555&_trksid=p2054502.c100227.m3827

Aaaah.....planning winter projects....I changed the alternator when I swapped to the RS hub and have had no issues either. Installing the LWFW and RS clutch next year before the end of winter so may PM you to ask your advise if OK......getting oil up your sleeve is all part of the experience, looks expensive for a bit of plastic.....

ch3tman said:
Fulla said:
Looks like they've posted some pics already... paint looks glass smooth! 8)

1jGj347.jpg

F9vAlQD.jpg

Would like to learn what they mean by referring to "lacquerer re-levelling" especially given your recent paintwork - what issue does it address / how does it occur? Is it common with new paint?

That looks like great work. May I ask what condition your (marble grey?) seats were in before the detail? Mine are starting to suffer from the fact I only ever wear black jeans. Also it looks like at some point a previous owner tried to dye one part of the passenger seat & messed it up as it's not a great colour match, at least in sunlight. Am basically wondering whether a proper detail will do the job or whether I need a visit to someone like southbound...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhaApex
Back