Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 993 this week ?

Tobesetc said:
Now I'm on to Allan's Velcro pooper replacement fix - looks great....

Is this a new procedure to cure incontinence? :dont know:

PIAA Front Wipers 18" and 15"

Frunk press stud mod.

Finished mine today - what an improvement and so simple. Well recommended.

Shame Porsche with all their technology couldn't have come up with something simple like this when new. My IB was just as bad so not a new issue by any means.

Thanks to Allan E for sharing this with us, too.

(I'd already implemented the stiff wire in the frunk pocket beading so am up to speed!)

Porsche Portsmouth carrying out oil service and mot plus the bonus of a new Cayman S for the day.

Endoman said:
Tobesetc said:
Finally had my new ducted fog lights installed. Sylwrster @ Enigma created a clever side light and fog light combined in the single aperture using LEDs. Now the fog light isn't a dreadful weak yellow colour!
Created or copied?

That'll be "created" as copied would require A) having seen what he was "copying" and B) doing the same - which I can see from your picture he has not as that's a DRL not a Fog and there are much more LEDs in mine than that. As Sylwester has asked me not to publish a pic of the internals, I won't. But they are not that similar (except in concept, I guess). I will show the waterproof connect that was used to replace the old two connectors per-side.

Attachments

• waterproof_connector_993.jpg
    waterproof_connector_993.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 5,317
My 993 has had some well deserved attention and money spent on it recently, some years it costs hardly anything, this year has been an exception.

In the last few weeks it has had new heat shields in the rear pu, the rear pu painted (where it had a parking blemish) and the front scuttle rust repaired and painted.

It's also had replacement camshaft covers and a service. It needs a pair of front tyres but as I'll most likely SORN it at the end of this month I may as well wait until Spring rather than leave it sat over winter on the new rubber.

Center Gravity booked for tomorrow morning. We are replacing the rear wishbones - Chris is suggesting a fast B road setup as well

Small weekend job is to replace the bearing in the rear spoiler mechanism.

Noticed its making a grinding noise and seems from forum that the bearing is often at fault and a simple mend.

Ordered a "625-2RS Deep Grooved Ball Bearing Sealed FAG 5x16x5" from

Wych bearings at £2.77 plus postage etc £5.12 delivered so cheap fix and hope its the right one!!!.

Haven't actually bought anything but I've just booked-in with Southbound for a full interior re-trim.

Starting next summer, everything changing from blue to black and upgrading to at least Turbo/C4S spec.

A new kitchen is going to have to wait a while, but you've got to get your priorities right haven't you? :grin:

All these Centre Of Gravity and Southbound posts are making our new kitchen sound very unlikely! Good lads.

Yearly service and new MOT.

Insurance renewal in a couple of weeks <sharp intake of breath> :grin:

Replaced the alternator cooling fan - I did not find the missing bit!

xVT9HuI.jpg

Yr2Svrl.jpg

Got my standard mufflers bypassed again with a 2" pipe (this time by Hayward & Scott).

Only kept them standard for 3 months, couldn't take the anemic noise any longer!! :lock:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back