Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted for development Gen 2 3.8 Manual

bazhart

Barcelona
The development costs for a small business like ours become excessive when we currently already have 6 development cars (all with different engine specifications and products to test) and need 2 more for further development.

So it proves more affordable if we can find a car with an existing engine problem (particularly if the owner does not really want to repair it).

This has not proved difficult for the Gen 1 cars (up to 2008/9) but more difficult with the next generation 9A1 Gen 2 cars (partly because they are newer and lower mileage but also because they seem much more reliable anyway).

So please bear us in mind if you have (or hear of) a Gen 2 9A1 3.6 and 3.8 manual with an engine problem or very high mileage that we can buy privately, or in the trade at a reasonable trade price (allowing for the engine problem).

Having finished our test and development on our Cayman S (3.4 to 3.9) and Boxster S (3.2 to 3.7) these are available now to purchase (various deals possible including p/ex).

Kindly e-mail me on [email protected] if you can help or are interested in any of the development cars. Thanks,

Baz

Baz looking forward to seeing what your going to develop with the test mule :thumb: I did know of one but it got rebuilt by a really good engine rebuilder a couple of years ago and is still going strong :grin: :grin: :thumb: :thumb:

bazhart said:
Thanks Phil - Do you fancy slotting the 4.2 engine in yours for a bit?

Baz

Baz , :thumb: :thumb: maybe we need a chat :grin: :grin:

There is a 4.2 variant you do?

I am really enjoying my 3.9 (put in by previous owner) but I would imagine a 4.2 would have some serious shove!

Mark, the 4.2 is for a Gen 2 (2009 onwards), the 3.9 is the current upgrade to a Gen 1 3.6 rebuild.

We are testing a 4.1 for the Gen 1 3.8 and may well go on to test it for a 3.6 but there are other technical issues that will probably set the limit for a 3.6 upgrade at 3.9 or increase the cost due to the need to change more other components and auxiliaries.

As I hope you have already experienced - the 3.9 is a very different car to a 3.6 and much nicer to drive and quicker too.

Baz

Thanks for the clarification Baz.

I have only ever driven my Porsche so can't really compare to a standard 3.6

Not that I really need it now but interested to know if there are further performance modifications that can be done to the 3.9 such as Plenum change? Do recommend a paper or K&N style panel filter for the standard airbox?

My car has Designtek stainless manifolds and Designtek switchable exhaust (which is already started to rattle when the valve is open)

I am asking these questions on the forum rather than calling in case they are helpful to others.

Baz I have a 997.1 3.8 C2S and very interested in your 4.1 upgrade. Engine is good, smooth and quick and has 95k miles. Can you PM me some details pls? Raymond

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back