Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WANTED: Dateless Plates

Jaws997

Hi All,

Bought a couple plates from members on here. One I left on my car when I sold and one I have just purchased.

Looking for a couple other nice dateless plates for my other cars.

If anyone is considering a no hassle sale at reasonable money please feel free to get in touch. Hopefully the other sellers can vouch for me...

Many thnanks!

Jack

im selling TIII CRU its on retention and I have both plates. Im looking for £150 or so. cheers, james

Are the last two dateless?

I take dateless to mean no prefix or suffix. Of the two above they look like T '99 reg and M '94 reg.

They're all 'private/personal" regs but only the one in the second post is dateless. Dateless cost much more.

I could be wrong though. Do most folk take dateless as just hiding the date of your car? :?:

Nope, you are correct, dateless means they cannot be identified to a particular date of issue, the last two are not dateless :thumb:

Thanks for the confirmation Jon. That's how I've always understood it. :thumb:

Looks dodgy, cars didn't have number plates in 1849 :grin:

@NoBrakesWC - yes it was a rubbish joke, sorry!

My understanding is that OAZ 1849 would be a pre-1963 reg, as such it is dateless. It has a Z (introduced in 1926 in Ireland and before the UK introduced Z) so that would mean Irish origin (which are all dateless) and AZ meaning Belfast.

I'm no expert on plates so more learned friends at 911UK will put me right. How people value them is a mystery to me, except for the obvious ones.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPD
Back